Do you keep your PC on all the time?

I can think of about 3 times this year when my PC has been turned off at night.

However, I removed the Gforce fan for a heatsink, put silen fans in throughout, and put them all on a fanbus, so I can just turn them down at night.

The test is: Does your girlfriend complain or does she also no longer notice them!

i want my pc to last, i turn it off every night and completely unplug all the stuff when i go out, don't trust the weather no more, and power cuts seem to happen a bit more often round my area.

You want it to last so you turn it off? You do realise that most physical damage is done to cold, innactive PCs booting up?

Just get a decent power breaker.

I leave mine on all the time, even though the fans are a bit loud. I get worried leaving my OneTouch external HD on 24/7 though. Is that bad for it?l

I have it on pretty all the time. sometimes when I go to another town for shopping, I shut down the computer. When I go to bed, it depends on if I am downloading something. FlashGet got a very good option "Shutdown when done". That is what I do.

most of the time, i keep mine on, i'm internet connection sharing, so i have to keep it on most of the day

i mainly download at night, so it's usually on at night

keeps me awake sometimes though, the front lights and the motherboard lights as well as the fans can be quite disturbing

Never have to turn it off now that I use Linux, back in the Windows days some app would have a memory leak and cause the whole OS to slow down. Thankfully, this hasn't happened on my Linux install and I can keep on going and going and.... :)

I leave my both my PC and Laptop on all the time :happy: got used to sleeping with it on now i cant sleep with it off too quiet :pinch: plus the healthiest thing for a PC is for it to be left on all of the time :p the HDD boot up or down sequence is the worst thing you could do to a HDD, as for CPU all that junk they dont give a **** if switched on or off, so i jus leave it all on :cool: "Its why companies/schools etc. always leave their stuff turned on"