Sick of watching the Olympics?

I'm just sick of all the judged events. If you can't have a clear winner either by time, distance, or points, etc., then it shouldn't be an olympic sport.

i love the olympics ive been waited for ages for it. now its almost over, but i hate the equestrian and the floor routines...the basketball is my favourite

I watch table tennis. and you do know there are more than a billion people over eastern asia love it, right?

Yeah, perhaps that was a bad example. The fact remains that there are simply too many events. Maybe they should limit the events to sports that require intense physical training by the athelete. Gymnastics, track and field, weight lifting, etc.

Why is that in some sports (swimming) you win medal like in every round or something, but in others like basketball, field hockey you play 8-10 matches to win one frekin medal.

Why is that in some sports (swimming) you win medal like in every round or something, but in others like basketball, field hockey you play 8-10 matches to win one frekin medal.

Swimming, for the most part, is an individual sport. There are relays, but in all cases there are multiple rounds to determine the final field (like track). Then the finals determine the medal positions.

Actually, it's like that in *all* of the Olympic events. Most sports at the Olympics have both team and individual events. Team only sports like basketball, softball, etc. are actually the exceptions.

I love the Olymipcs and I don't even like sports (except for Baseball and Rugby). I think it is neat to see many countries and cultures come together to compete. And goodness, the abilities of some of those athletes is incredible!

i watched quite a bit of the olympics so far... i watched almost all the swimming, track, and women's beach volleyball... i have to agree with Jstphish, it is neat to see all the countries and cultures competing against each other.

I watch it. Ha. Australia won gold and bronze in cycling. Anna Beaves lives in Gracemere (about 20 km away from me)! so it was good that she came 3 for Australia.