NeoRequest Bug reports

JMann

Yeah it is, nice one man. (Y)

+chorpeac

Cool, another one bites the dust!

JMann

Ok, we are experiencing difficuilties with some images coming from external upload sources. If you can, use NeoRequest Upload (furthest icon from the right) for your NeoRequest Graphics. Emoticons are also having difficuilties, we are working on a fix currently. :) We are believing the Emoticons problem is coming from when they moved server loads, onto the new Neowin server, somethings changed around. Were on to it.

JMann

+chorpeac
Ok, we are experiencing difficuilties with some images coming from external upload sources. If you can, use NeoRequest Upload (furthest icon from the right) for your NeoRequest Graphics. Emoticons are also having difficuilties, we are working on a fix currently. :) We are believing the Emoticons problem is coming from when they moved server loads, onto the new Neowin server, somethings changed around. Were on to it.

JMann

585343218[/snapback]

Yeah I think the server move might have caused the emoticon problem. We'll keep an eye on it.

OK one change from the previous version is the fact that you cannot provide a link to an image like you could be for. The graphics have to be uploaded. New graphics should have a problem, but old graphics may not show, due to the fact that the image may not be a valid URL anymore. :(

JMann

Just a quick edit, Chorpeac meant:

New graphics shouldn't have a problem,
+chorpeac

hahaha...yeah yeah, new graphics should NOT have this problem. Wow... :D

SkyyPunk

I think I found a bug with times/dates...see screenshot...it was accepted 5 hrs after it was completed? Actually after looking at it again, maybe its not a bug? Does accepted mean when the artist signed on to work on it, or when the end user decides the work is complete? Because the 2nd artist looks like he accepted the challenge...but for the top artist maybe its the user accepted his work?

post-54000-1106622223_thumb.jpg

+chorpeac

SkyyPunk, Thanks for noticing this detail. First let me clarify what the dates mean.

Date Submitted, that's when the user submitted the request.

Acceptance Date, that's when the artist pressed the "accept request" link

Date Completed, that's when the artist submitted a file for his work.

Then there is another Date Completed, but not listed in this bottom grid, and that is when the requestor accepted some graphic and said the request is completed.

Now onto the potential problem. There is probably a misstep somewhere when I converted the dates. Because if I remember right, all dates are converted to GMT, and then adjusted for each user based on the timezone they have designated in Neowin.

I'll look into this, thanks!

+chorpeac

Ok this is strange. :) Here is what I see when I look at it.

post-10941-1106663251_thumb.jpg

JMann

Im getting the same as Chorpeac, took a screenshot just in case. IE6. I will try and post a picture of it in Firefox in a few minutes as well. Might be different. :)

JMann

post-28082-1106667798_thumb.jpg

insanekiwi

bug: nobody submits stuff for my requests :rofl:

so anyway, i didn't go thru all the replies. but here is what neorequest looks like for me.

post-10955-1106668201.jpg

+chorpeac
Im getting the same as Chorpeac, took a screenshot just in case. IE6. I will try and post a picture of it in Firefox in a few minutes as well. Might be different. :)

JMann

585355460[/snapback]

Dude, you are getting the same as SkyyPunk. Your picture shows a bad time range. Right? Or am I seeing things? :)

+chorpeac
bug: nobody submits stuff for my requests :rofl:

so anyway, i didn't go thru all the replies. but here is what neorequest looks like for me.

585355484[/snapback]

LOL...no one submits stuff....ahhh you poor baby. :)

Ok from your screenshot, it looks like you are missing a few buttons at the top. Do you ever see a button for the request listing, search, artist workdesk?

JMann

Chor, yeah sorry. Insanekiwi, ok this is my mistake. Its a bug in the Stylesheets, let me guess you have your Firefox window slightly minimized? Like half the size? Also, about your requests, well I cannot help that! :) If anything, I would suggest posting it on Neowin's Web/Graphics Design corner if you don't get any response after about 2 days. The CSS error is to do with positioning, I will check the CSS now and see for a fix.

Thanks,

JMann

insanekiwi

i cleared teh cache and pressed refresh/reload. it's all working by now.

JMann

Ok, Insane this is freaky. I haven't got the error, could you try and reconstruct your error in Firefox and let me know what happens, also what screen resoluton are you running at?

JMann

+chorpeac
i cleared teh cache and pressed refresh/reload. it's all working by now.

585355506[/snapback]

Ok cool, well does the situation that Jmann described happen? Like if your browser is sized at different sizes?

insanekiwi

i'm using 1280x1024. the browserwindow is about 1024x768. i haven't gotten the error again/before. seemed like a onetimer.

+chorpeac

Ok well, good to hear it is fixed!

JMann

Whew. I was sure it was all locked to position. I will still look into it, it shouldn't of happened, I will check through the code. ;)

Thanks for the report,

JMann

SkyyPunk

Jmann has a SS of the same thing I see, I checked again and still get the screwy times...

+chorpeac

Ok, I'll research this.

+chorpeac

Hey, can you guys with the time problem do something for me and see if it is still messed up. Either delete your neorequest cookie if you can find it, or delete all your cookies (which will delete it) if you are unsure, and then when you log in again, let me know if it is still occuring. I am storing the timezone information from Neowin in the cookie. So just delete the cookie and let me know if you would be so kind. :D

SkyyPunk

deleted all cookies, refreshed...same times...deleted all cookies outside of IE, opened IE again, went to site, still same times... odd thing

SkyyPunk

Hmm...ok so I *just* noticed all times were off on posts here at neowin...lol...never rang a bell before...my time zone was set to just GMT, however I am GMT -5...after switching it, deleting cookies again, it now shows the same times you see, chorpeac... :) But that means GMT peoples times are messed up?