NeoRequest Bug reports

Cool i got one aswell, although that might not be a good thing :D

http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=378

That is a request i posted, if you look at the link (in the request, to the png image), it has included the i as part of the link.

Ok I found the error in the Regular Expression, and temporarily fixed the problem for you. That special instructions textbox let's you put in carriage returns and stuff, but it doesn't display it. So the problem was the regex wasn't looking for whitespace characters. I fixed it, but it hasn't been updated on the live system yet. Thanks for finding this!

Hmm...yeah this seems to be a slight positioning issue with the CSS. I'll play with it a little and see if I can fix that one.

585373846[/snapback]

Hi and thank you for your quick response. Glad to know that this is a minor bug which can be fixed easily.

I tried the clear cookies, cache and relogin solution, but it doesn't seem to work.

A new bug, which did not exist in the previous version of Neorequest :

NeoBug02.jpg

Can someone please enable my greyed out buttons ? I really would love to see the remaining pages of requests and try to take them on if any are still pending :D

hahaha...yeah that bug was mentioned in my announcement as a known issue. I'm still trying to figure this one out....You can use the page dropdown to see the other pages...you request completing maniac! :D

Hehe, yes that is a funny error that Chorpeac should fix soon! Hopefully. :D

amitsaraf32, I think I have just solved your problem. Your default text size it to set one higher than normal, therefore, the text in the explorer is overiding the CSS attribute for the text and making it larger, therefore the text overlapping the boxes is caused, when the fonts are larger than they should be. If you could do the following and see if this fixes it:

In your browser window, go to View -> Text Size -> and set it to Normal.

Again, sorry. Clear your Cache and the logout and in again, in a new Firefox window and see if that makes the difference, it should do! I hope!!

Tell me how you get on,

JMann

Edit: Yeah, from all your pictures, that is definately 110% the fix for the problem. It must be. I will take a screenshot of what it should look like font wise in Firefox now for you.

Edit II: Screenshot of what it looks like in my Firefox added. Also, the method of how you do it has been changed.

post-28082-1106946026_thumb.jpg

Edited by JMann

Cool, nice catch Jmann, I have just successfully updated the system to fix the bug with the implanted URL in the special instructions text box, and also I fixed the scrolling problem where the completed work was being displayed. SO all should be good now except for the tab highlighting and the paging being greyed out.

Thanks again for the quick fix guys. It didn't work in Firefox, but it works perfectly in IE.

I now know the reason why the buttons are greyed out and the drop down page navigation listbox doesn't work either in Firefox.

For reasons of clarity (and to preserve my sanity) the fonts on my Firefox are set to Lucida Grande instead of the Times/Courier combination which is used for IE. Even though the font is shrunk to the minimal size, the bug still persists.

This gives me three options :

1. Change the fonts on Firefox to default / IE combination.

2. View Neorequest using IE.

3. Check Neorequest more often everyday.

I'll take option 3. Thank you for spending your valuable time trying to figure out the bug that never was.

PS. Maybe I should try HandelGotDlg. Nah, that would fuX0r it up too I guess.

Ok here is my preliminary findings on this greyed out paging buttons.

There is a Div that does the grey box, and then there is a second div that holds the paging text. Here is the code for them.

#paging {
width:790px;
height:20px;
position:relative;
left:4px;
margin-top:20px;
background-color: #E3E3E3;
border:1px solid #BDBDBE;
filter:alpha(opacity=25);
-moz-opacity:0.25;
opacity: 0.25;
}
#pagingtext {
margin-top:-21px;
text-align:center;
padding:2px 5px 2px 5px;
color:#000;
}

Now, I have no idea why it is acting this way. But if I remove the "position:relative;" then IE works fine and the buttons work. Firefox still fails no matter what I do. I don't understand this....

Can anyone explain why a div with anchor tags would be affected this way? If I move the links outside the box they work fine in both browsers. :huh: :blink:

You have found a IE bug chorpeac

According to the spec, the opacity setting cascades to the chid elements, in ff and every other browser, it does that, in IE it also does that, unless you use position:relative;

Hope this helps.

Edit: or is it the other way around, i cant remember.

Edit: dont worry, i was just looking over the code, and i see you have 2 divs placed one on top of the other one, it's not a child element.

I think i had this problem with something else, i think safari on mac rendered it ok, or did it render it wrong.

Damn my memory is shocking.

Edited by The_Decryptor

Yeah using the CSS indicated above, the HTML is like this.

<div id="paging"></div>
<div id="pagingtext">
...anchors and text...
</div>

Hmm..ok well unless someone knows of a way to get around this, I am just going to have to make that paging box a long bar like what is right below the tabs. If I remove the second div and have a set up like this it works fine....

<div id="paging">
...anchors and text...
</div>

But then the opacity is occurring on the child elements and you can barely see the paging items

Thanks again for the quick fix guys.  It didn't work in Firefox, but it works perfectly in IE.

I now know the reason why the buttons are greyed out and the drop down page navigation listbox doesn't work either in Firefox.

For reasons of clarity (and to preserve my sanity) the fonts on my Firefox are set to Lucida Grande instead of the Times/Courier combination which is used for IE.  Even though the font is shrunk to the minimal size, the bug still persists.

This gives me three options :

1.  Change the fonts on Firefox to default / IE combination.

2.  View Neorequest using IE.

3.  Check Neorequest more often everyday.

I'll take option 3.  Thank you for spending your valuable time trying to figure out the bug that never was.

PS. Maybe I should try HandelGotDlg.  Nah, that would fuX0r it up too I guess.

585376680[/snapback]

Ok, glad I could kind of help out. Your welcome with the help, thats what were here to do, and we want to get this the best we can.

Hmm..ok well unless someone knows of a way to get around this, I am just going to have to make that paging box a long bar like what is right below the tabs. If I remove the second div and have a set up like this it works fine....

<div id="paging">
...anchors and text...
</div>

But then the opacity is occurring on the child elements and you can barely see the paging items

585378291[/snapback]

Ok, Chorpeac, I know where you made the mistake here, using the code you put above, I know about the child problems, but the two divs, have to be put in, otherwise you get blanked out text or the Opacity doesn't work. Its annoying but is has to be done like this:

<div id="paging"><div id="pagingtext">Text here</div></div>

If that second div, "pagingtext" is missing the font wont come out colored, it will come out very faint, like it is there.

Hope this clarify's a little! :)

JMann

Ok here is my preliminary findings on this greyed out paging buttons.

There is a Div that does the grey box, and then there is a second div that holds the paging text. Here is the code for them.

#paging {
position:relative;
left:4px;
}
#pagingtext {
margin-top:-21px;
}

Now, I have no idea why it is acting this way. But if I remove the "position:relative;" then IE works fine and the buttons work. Firefox still fails no matter what I do. I don't understand this....

Can anyone explain why a div with anchor tags would be affected this way? If I move the links outside the box they work fine in both browsers.  :huh:  :blink:

585377091[/snapback]

I have also found the exact fix for this, where you are having your problem, is yeah the position:relative, it's just the CSS been fussy. This is how you can fix it, and I have tested it and it works correctly and fixes the problem. :D :

1. Remove out of the CSS this: posistion:relative;

2. The code piece underneath it, the bit that says: left:4px; Change that to this:

margin-left:4px;

and that will fix the problem. Easy! :D

Jon

Therefore, giving you this as your final code bit for Paging:

#paging {
	margin-top:2px;
}
#pagingtext {
	margin-top:-19px;
}

#paging {
}
#pagingtext {
	margin-top:-19px;
}

Ok well using this (the only thing I changed was margin-top:2px; to margin-top:20px;) I get perfect results in IE, but the Firefox just ignores everything, Even the dropdown box is not selectable in firefox. We might need to just go with a single div here with a repeating background image of that opacity. :unsure:

FYI...Paging bug has been fixed for IE users. The bug still exists on Firefox. It is on the top of the list.

You know, the other way doesn't look to bad either. The one I did with the gradient bar instead of the opacity background...I say that we use that as an alternative if we can't get the opacity one working in both browsers.

Ok, go with that. (Y) Definately. :)

585385235[/snapback]

Sorry, I just wanted to clarify...so are we just going with the gradient, grey, paging bar, or are we going to attempt the opacity, paging bar?

This isnt really a bug per say...but...for example...there is a new user I notice that joined the 5th of jan, and has made 107 submissions as of writing this, and is rated #1 artist based on rating points...but his/her avg rating is only about 2/rated image...i think the top artists should be by their avg rating, not total sum of all ratings...if ya get what I mean... nothing against that newer user, just I think that would make more sense as top artist... rating points/how many rated

Maybe a better way to calc it (because if you submit one, it gets a 5 rating, thatd put you at top)...would be to do something like

[(rating points earned)/(ratings on the artists work that have been made)] ... and something else..i had an idea of what to do with that number and lost it! bah...maybe itll come to me tomorrow

Edited by SkyyPunk

It has to be understood here that only about half of all submissions are actually voted for.

For example, while my average rating is 2 per submission, this is 215 points out of 55 votes, ie., only 55 submissions were actually voted for, even though there were actually 111 submissions. This works out to an average vote of around 4/5 or 78 %.

It might be a better idea to rank artists based on both the average rating and average vote for all submissions voted for along with the total number of submissions rather than the total rating points or submissions alone. I hope this isn't too complicated to follow :rolleyes:

Atm, if I'm not mistaken, the average rating (ie., in percentage) is only available to the individual artists when they log in. Perhaps it might be a better idea to make this information available to all users. Just a thought.

@JMann and Chorpeac :

The dropdown listbox for page changing now work in Firefox. Thanks a million to you two geniuses :D !!

Edited by amitsaraf32