NeoRequest Bug reports

Yeah this all appears to be database related.... :( Unfortunately, I have bad news I think. It appears the hardware where the database resided has failed. They replaced the hardware and everything is working again, but they apparently don't keep backups or the backups were on the same machine that crashed (stupid and I hope not)...So this means there is going to be a lot of information lost...and not recoverable. I didn't make regular backups...I think the last one I have on my work computer is from March. I hope I have a more recent one at home.

I won't be able to get it back online until I get home. I am sorry everyone....

Yeah this all appears to be database related.... :( Unfortunately, I have bad news I think. It appears the hardware where the database resided has failed. They replaced the hardware and everything is working again, but they apparently don't keep backups or the backups were on the same machine that crashed (stupid and I hope not)...So this means there is going to be a lot of information lost...and not recoverable. I didn't make regular backups...I think the last one I have on my work computer is from March. I hope I have a more recent one at home.

I won't be able to get it back online until I get home. I am sorry everyone....

586232837[/snapback]

noooo!!! Just as I get on the list of top 5 designers :(.

/me starts praying you have a recent one!

Whenever I click on a request I get a database-related error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR [42S22] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.25-nt-max]Unknown column 'Views' in 'field list'

Ouch :pinch:

Here's one of the request links I clicked:

http://neorequest.tekngn.net/GraphicRequestView.aspx?ID=632

:angry: :angry: :blush: :blush: It figures, The database backup I had was not a version with the updated structure....damn it. I will need some more time to locate or fix this....

Ok I have upgraded the database structure, but the data is still not available. I am still waiting tohear back from the webserver team.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yikes, that is really large text...lol

Hmm..we'll see what we can do, thanks for reporting the issue.

Must be something with the CSS Attributes somewhere, with the CSS Divs not expanding correctly, therefore making the text overlap. Chorpeac, if you need a hand on this one, catch me on a PM. :)

• 5 months later...

I think I have found a possible severe vulnerability in your code.

I dont want to relay it here, since the severity of the vuln.

Does the main coder have an email, or IM?

I think I have found a possible severe vulnerability in your code.

I dont want to relay it here, since the severity of the vuln.

Does the main coder have an email, or IM?

Nice first post, and welcome to Neowin. :) Ok, well if you think it is definately a vuneralbility can you send a PM on Neowin to JMann and Chorpeac and we will take the nessecary precautions. Just CC the PM to both of us.

JMann

(NeoRequest Administrator)

First of all I want to say thank you for the time to get the bug report in there. The bug you mentioned with the wrong request id in the query string has been fixed, and I appreciate the other one about the malformed query string, ie with letters in there instead of an int. That was fixed too, and it will display an alert if there was not a correct ID entered in the query string.

The other one, I will discuss in the Pm I got. Thanks again for the comments!

• 3 weeks later...

New Comments section:

I have tried to make it as easy to explain by visual its better that way than trying to explain everything. The things are in the Red boxes. Image attached..

post-28082-1144924559_thumb.jpg

Ahhh...crap! I forgot to check this section out in firefox... lol...

I'll get it working right today.

Make sure you refresh, the stylesheet changed, and sometimes a visit to the site doesn't download the updated version