IPB and email account activation?

Question

When somebody wanna activate his account, ipb don't send e-mail for activation. I chose php mail(), but don't wanna send, i chose smtp, and don't wanna send it. what can i do?

edit: Sory i haven't give you url. the link to forum is http://slo-p2p.uk.to/forum , and you can try it. Simple there aren't any errors, just IPB don't send email. Maybe i must confure php.ini file? I really need help.

6 answers to this question

is it on windows or unix server? and is it like a commercial host, or ur own pc?

if it's commercial (eg. not urs) then php mail shud work... if not, then try looking around on php.net. they shud have summin there to help u get mail workin

I have the same problem. My ipb doesnt send any emails. I have configured it with php mail() and also with smtp. I have a domain hosted at http://www.100webspace.com/

I think they are using a linux server. Do youknow which settings I have to use in my invision board to be able to send email to users...

Thnx!

If you want you can change the validation to be admin, email, or none.

ACP > View all General Settings > Security and Privacy > New registration email validation?

--

btw, nice skin and what language are your forums in?

if anyone likes i can take a look at their settings. just pm me details... i had this prob once on win2k server, and managed to fix in under 5 mins!

i think the language is slovenien altho im almost certainly wrong!

if anyone likes i can take a look at their settings. just pm me details... i had this prob once on win2k server, and managed to fix in under 5 mins!

i think the language is slovenien altho im almost certainly wrong!

yes you've right. the language wich is spoken on forum is slovenian, but the forum is in english. I have most like english than slovenian. :D anyway, now i update it in 2.0 PF3 so it everything works. But user can give fake emails, but that is not problem, now is everything okey. thank you all.

The style is made by myself.

yes you've right. the language wich is spoken on forum is slovenian, but the forum is in english. I have most like english than slovenian. :D anyway, now i update it in 2.0 PF3 so it everything works. But user can give fake emails, but that is not problem, now is everything okey. thank you all.

The style is made by myself.

Ah, figures why I could understand most of it. I speak Serbian myself and the two languages are very similar.

:)