AMD Will they Survive?

I heard on another board that AMD was OUT, I didn't believe it at all and don't want to start any rumors. I just want to get the facts. I know if AMD did go out, Intel would raise their Price$

I haven?t seen anything official but I know they are struggling but Who isn't?

Any information on AMD???

Intel has simply out-marketed them. They dont make as good of a product, but they sure as hell know how to sell people on their stuff. AMD has been around for more than a few years, several score actually, so dont be overly concerned, they will hopefully work this out.

I think (hope) that AMD will find a balance between cheap marketing tricks, and the top qality products/prices they currently have. The new GiggaHertz thing is their newest marketing idea, but salespeople will know that the clock speeds are that not as high as GiggaHertz suggests, and say to [newbie] consumers that AMD is lying... too bad salesmen dont know what the better preformer is.

*sigh* Intel has once again proved to us that they suck... *sigh* if only consumers knew that MHz has nothing directly to do with performance... What i think is that their 64-bit processor will be much better than Intels, because they are expanding 32-bit technology, rather than making an entirely new design, and should therefore make a much better transition chip, as well as much cheaper.

Holy ****! I just went on a rant, and i didnt realize it... sorry...

Originally posted by Tikimotel

During winter use AMD to stay warm :)

And in summer use Intel to keep it cool inside the house :)

Well said LOL, I have to admit my AMD system is a pain in the ass in the summer. It gets so hot that I sweat with all the windows open. Thats the only thing I dont like about AMD, its the heat issues. I have a really good CPU fan and a modified case fan and the noise is also really annoying. I would have went with Intel if I knew these 2 problems would turn out like this.