Enterprise: Fight or Flight

Thought I'd start off a new thread on this new episode, no. 103

Details, as always, are at Startrek.com's Enterprise: Episode List

Tonights episode, Fight or Flight.

The crew comes across an abandoned ship of dead aliens.

As they continue their deep space exploration, the Enterprise crew comes across an alien ship where they discover 15 humanoid corpses that seem to have been part of a scientific experiment. The horrific sight inspires Hoshi to panic and demand a return to Earth, but Archer insists on continuing the mission and finding out more about the abandoned dead. Trouble comes calling when the aliens that were conducting the gruesome experiments return and begin attacking Captain Archer and his team.

Bugger, I had visitors and completly forgot about Enterprise!

Ah well, I'm downloading the VCD from usenet, and I know it's repeated Saturday at 6pm on UPN.

Originally posted by Kheldar

2) UK newsservers SUCK

:(

NTL has a reasonable completenes most of the time, a bit flaky recently, but the retention is useless, which isnt a huge problem with cable :D . I tend to supliment NTL with Easynews using Newspro

Blueyonder news servers tend to have a few excellent groups for completeness, and the majority bite.When I want somin different, I struggle. Whats easynews btw? I use Xnews (xnews.3dnews.net)

Does anyone know when Enterprise will be aired in the UK?

I'm assuming Sky will show it on Sky One, and with Voyager they were about 6 months (?) behind. Does this mean we have to wait till early 2002.

I've got the Two hour opener on CD from a friend with a big fat netpipe, but living in the country I've only got a 56k dialup so download could take a while !!!!

(Out of interest.. how big (mb) are the episodes ?)

All I know is that sky DO have the rights (see the end of Endgame for the teaser trailer) as to when .. who knows. The pilot of Enterprise I got from EmuZombie was 900MB or so, 2 days on a modem. 2002 looks the more likely :( If anyone knows of a dump where Enterprise episodes might get stored, feel free to PM me

PS I don't really think this is a warez post as the programs are free for all to watch on TV, just some sooner than others. If requested this post will be removed.

If NE1 can give me a link to the DivX version of Episode 2 [Fight Or Flight] then I would really appreciate it. I already have the first episode in DivX form and it was AMAZING. I know that Broken Bow [the pilot] is already on KaZaa and Grokster... can anyone else suggest any similar movie sharing programs?!

PS - The FINAL Star Trek [original series] film was on last night and it's suprisingly good in comparison to the series... good graphics, good story AND it starred Worf in B4 he was a member of the Next-Gen crew.

I watched that too Mort on TV last night (Sky One yes?). Like you I was pleasantly surprised. I have never liked the original series, or any of the old films that I have seen, but due probably to the fact that the effects and budget were both better in that 1991 film it was a great improvement. In fact I actually enjoyed it!

As well as Worf being in it as 'Colonel Worf' representing Kirk and Dr whatever his name is, did you notice Rene Auberjonois (who plays Odo in DS9) playing the guy who does that short presentation in the middle of the film and then the guy who turns out to be the assasin at the end?

Yeah, it was on Sky One. I didn't watch it all because something conflicted with it , but I've seen it b4. As for Odo, Deep Space Nine was my least favourite Star Trek series though I did seem some episodes... I didn't watch to the end and so I didn't see him in it. It had MUCH better graphics and a better plot that earlier films and the series. The original Star Trek was a bit too much "Gods" and the like, and not alien races which makes Star Trek so good.

Also, Worf had different facial markings... slightly. For Next Gen they made them more prominant.

PS - I've got Fight or Flight now so don't send me a link or ask for it.