???wtf??? Effects... just stopped working

Ok, this is weird. When you right click desktop and go to Properties, then go to Appearance tab, u know how there's two buttons, Effects... and Advanced? Well all of a sudden, effects just stopped working! I click it and nothing happens. even if i click like a thousand times, nothing. What the heck happened and how do i fix it?:right:

Make sure Effects are enabled.

Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Adjust Visual Effects, make sure the 'Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons' feature is enabled.

In the Group Policy (Run - gpedit.msc), go to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Control Panel - Display - Desktop Theme, and ensure 'Remove Theme Option' and 'Prevent Selection of Windows and Buttons Styles' are NOT enabled.

Originally posted by Deadsygirl

Make sure Effects are enabled.

Control Panel - Performance and Maintenance - Adjust Visual Effects, make sure the 'Use Visual Styles on Windows and Buttons' feature is enabled.

In the Group Policy (Run - gpedit.msc), go to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Control Panel - Display - Desktop Theme, and ensure 'Remove Theme Option' and 'Prevent Selection of Windows and Buttons Styles' are NOT enabled.

i don't have XP pro.. i have XP home...:( :dead:

Chances are this won't fix permanetly your problem, but hey.

EnableButton well, enables buttons. It's a pretty hard concept but I'm sure you'll get a hold of it.

*scrounges thru CDs*

First of all, most of the 'Effects' things can be changed by going:

WIN+BREAK > Advanced > Performance > Settings

Anywho, here's enable button. Run it, and it (tries) to enable everything.

Here: ?

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /____/EnBtn.exe on this server.

:ermm:

btw what is Win+Break? ;) do u hold the Windows button on the keyboard and press Pause/Break or what?

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by hurting101  

Chances are this won't fix permanetly your problem, but hey.

EnableButton well, enables buttons. It's a pretty hard concept but I'm sure you'll get a hold of it.

*scrounges thru CDs*

First of all, most of the 'Effects' things can be changed by going:

WIN+BREAK > Advanced > Performance > Settings

Anywho, here's enable button. Run it, and it (tries) to enable everything.

Here: ? b>

permission is forbidden ... please help

come on ... i apologize for bumping this topic a lot but i still am now getting any help! At least where can i d/l this EnableButton thing?:dead:

Damn Boomspeed doesn't allow hosting of exes...

Rename this to a .exe

Here: ?

btw what is Win+Break? do u hold the Windows button on the keyboard and press Pause/Break or what?

Yes.

Ok excuse my ignorance, but how do i use this program? :dead: :ponder: :knocked: I know that when u put mouse over buttons and such it says the name and stuff but what do i do from there?

Originally posted by hurting101

You run the program, then open up to the effects option thing (with the disable checkmarks) and the might become active. Maybe.

Uhm, am I missing something here? Because I can't even click the Effects button in Display Propertie > Appearance tab, so there are no checkmark boxes and i really don't see what u mean.:ermm:

If you run EnableButton and go to Display > Appearance (or whatever it is) does EnableButton enable that button?

The program is supposed to enable anything disabled. It works on most things, but might not work on the effects button... so I don't know.

Ok then, it doesn't work. This program, to me, is sh?t.;))

Is there some kind of regedit or something to make the desktop icons big? Because I want to re-enable that again.