[DSL] Connections disables

So lately I am having a problem with my internet... I startup my computer and I have a perfect connection. After around 10 minutes, I would not be able to browse websites and I can't start new conversations in MSN messenger. If I continue to talk on MSN messenger, the connection for that conversation would not end... It's weird... Don't know if you guys know what I am saying... Steam for Counter-Strike still works because Steam still has a connection constantly with the servers and I can still play Counter-Strike when everything else doesn't work (IE, MSN messenger, etc.). I have 2 computers on my network connected... I have a 3Com modem and a no-name brand router each about 5 years old. I don't know if the modem and router is the problem or not. I don't know if what I just said made any sense but I would like some tips to how to fix my internet.. thx!

Maybe line quality issues..make sure your modem is as close to the phone jack and demarc point as possible (demarc point is the box where youre phone wires go when they come into your house)

This is a Windows XP bug. It's been happening to me for more than a year. Changing routers did not help. Logging off, and then back on, usually helps.

Hmm I have a simular problem with my Wireless Belkin router, disconnections every few minutes...but only to MSN, webpages and games work fine and dont seem to lose the connection at all, im still trying to figure out what it is :huh:

it happened to me and i changed browses and it worked better for me, then i changed ISP and now im fine, maybe if your using IE change to something else and see what happens