"god vs. steve jobs"

http://www.progsoc.org/~arh/sophie/FieryPowerbook/

on gizmodo.com:

"It's a sad fact of life that God hates Mac users. If you needed any more proof, check out these pictures of this burnt and charred 12-inch Powerbook, caught in an apartment fire, which despite the damage and encrustations is reported to still work. What can we learn from this? In a kickboxing match between Jesus and Jobs, Steve would win. I know it's shocking, but if there's one thing I've learned from Internet, it's that digital pictures cannot lie. They don't even have tongues!"

:laugh:

(oh, and any mod who would like to edit the title to "jesus vs. jobs"... go nuts :p)

um....do windows machines come out of fires unscathed or something... :huh:

not if they're made out of plastic like most windows laptops... they just melt and destroy everything.

So it still works? I seriously doubt it. Even the casing survived the fire, those plastic parts inside it probably melted due to the high temperature.

it's your word against hers :ninja:

i just realized how nice it is that people can actually smile knowing that their whole apartment has burned down. without insurance her life would have surely been ruined =\

I bet she burnt down her home for the insurance money :devil: , then realized her uninsured powerbook was in there. Lucky for her Apple makes fire-proof notebooks :laugh:

She never says it still works. Quite obviously, if the outside looks like that, the inside has to have some melted hareware.

which despite the damage and encrustations is reported to still work

somebody had to report that it still worked... i don't imagine anyone but her would know.