Few problems in WinXP

1.) I've had very slow loading Outlook Express 6 whenever I open that program.

2.) Anyone know how to get rid of pop up balloon message on the taskbar? Everytime I got this annoying notice.

Thanks for the suggestions.

1.) Sorry, I don't have that problem, but I'll try and find something about it. If I were you, I'd try and back up all my messages and important address book contacts, erase all accounts and contancts, and re-enter your info - only if you can't find any otehr solution. I'm guessing Messenger might be affecting it, since OE automatically starts it if you have your passport/.net account set up.

2.) It depends what the message of the pop-up balloon is :p Can you try post that please?

Originally posted by altezza

1.) I've had very slow loading Outlook Express 6 whenever I open that program....

Could you please try and pinpoint what you might have installed/uninstalled/done to cause this, I have exactly the same problem! :mad:

Can you also go to Start > Run and click "Browse..." does it take ages to come up???

For first question, I forgot to mention that in NAV2002 I have enabled the virus scan feature for checking incoming email. I think that is the problem.

i cant get that bluddy messenger to stop loading up when i start outlook express. (not logging in ---i disabled that.) but the mere fact that i have to close it every time i use OExpress is a pain in the arse. i seem to recall being able to stop messenger from poping up at all, ever, unless i actually *gasp* RAN the program myself! before i got XP.

I dont trust AV programs when it comes to slowing a machine down.

I recomend uninstalling NAV or McAfee, and seeing if its the same.

Then reinstall them, update them, and start messing with various scan options. Personally, I've seen both NAV and McAfee 4.5.1 do nasty things to windows XP, including deleting all emails from every folder of OE when web scan was turned on.

Nasty :)

Jon

MCB, from msconfig and remove MSN from start up for one, but this wont stop it from loading with OE.

IF you dont use it, and never will, uninstall it. The intstructions are in another thread here.

however, NB: once it is uninstalled, i have no f*cking clue how to reinstall version 4. the version u download is 3.6, which XP does not recognise (when it comes to remote support etc).

I removed it, I hate it. And my gf's lame ass annoying unfunny "i love the library" mates all use it. :)

(k letting of a little steam there. ignore)

Jon

Originally posted by mcb

i cant get that bluddy messenger to stop loading up when i start outlook express. (not logging in ---i disabled that.) but the mere fact that i have to close it every time i use OExpress is a pain in the arse. i seem to recall being able to stop messenger from poping up at all, ever, unless i actually *gasp* RAN the program myself! before i got XP.

I too was anoyed by this icon in the tray Try this

This will Uninstall windows messenger

Microsoft has tried really hard to prevent you from uninstalling windows messenger. They failed to make it difficult enough because with the directions below you can get rid of messenger very easily.

Navigate to C:windows

find and open sysoc.inf with notepad

find msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7 in the file and take out the word hide so the line would look like msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,,7

Close the file and save it

Now go to the Add and remove programs applet in the control panel and you will be able to uninstall windows messenger.

Make sure to click on the add remove windows components button.

Note: You will be able to uninstall other unneeded programs by removing hide from the sysoc.inf file as well.

to stop that stupid "You have new programs installed " pop-up

1. Right Click the start button
  2. properties
  3. hit the customize button
  4. advanced tab
  5. uncheck highlight newly installed programs

4 is out there on the net (ive already reinstalled it via net , but am now back to 3.6) i hate messenger, but my brother uses it, so screw it. i use icq.

and that inf. thing to uninstall it never worked for me. it worked for all the hidden apps but messenger