AMD OR INTEL?

167 members have voted

1. 1. AMD OR INTEL?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • I DONT CARE.

I did maintain it. His dealer sold me some cr@p that was half broken when I got it. First time we tried to power it up, it wouldn't work. Then he took it to his house to try to return it. Somehow he got it to work again.

Originally posted by AMDTBurnt

AMD as in me or the company?

Its not AMD"s fault that the place you bought it from is selling you crap parts or not installing things right.

Originally posted by AMDTBurnt

lol, who selected I don't care

I did. THis is getting old. Why is it that whenever we have a thread like this it turns into a bitching match !? Why can't people just be civil ? :right:

Originally posted by Keldyn

I did. THis is getting old. Why is it that whenever we have a thread like this it turns into a bitching match !? Why can't people just be civil ? :right:

don't make me start keldyn, i'm trying to stay away from this thread :p

I ain't bitching

I am no idiot or n00b when it comes to building systems, I have built two Intel systems without any problems whatsoever.....but then just the other day I try to build a AMD sys, and as some of you may have noticed (from my "Help, AMD Duron SiS 745 won't boot" thread) I have had nothing but problems with the damn thing....even though in the beginning there was some human error I have taken many steps to correct it and still the damn thing is f*cked.

So in conclusion I say Intel is the best, for highest quality and best performing processors.

Why can't people just be civil ?

Ditto..

And AMDTBURNT, i thought you said you were going to play some c/c.. :right:

I've got myself setup with a P4 1.7GHz and an Intel D850WN (Socket 478 w/RDRAM) with Win XP Pro and she runs as sweet as can be! :D

I've been running the XP install for almost 6 months and only had 1 complete lockup and the CPU runs cool. I have no need for unreliable and overheating processors. :ponder:

its good to see more intel supporters out and about

i was a hard core intel fan as a n00b, then recently was swayed to believe that AMD was better by the more hardcore system builders....but after my expericance I am back in the Intel camp

my next comp is not gonna be a Athlon XP anymore.....Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 533mhz FSB for me

a brief question to AMD fans, why exactly do you seem to loathe intel? what did they ever do to you? do you not like reliable, high quality cool running processors ;) ?

Originally posted by Heinrich-X

I am no idiot or n00b when it comes to building systems, I have built two Intel systems without any problems whatsoever.....but then just the other day I try to build a AMD sys, and as some of you may have noticed (from my "Help, AMD Duron SiS 745 won't boot" thread) I have had nothing but problems with the damn thing....even though in the beginning there was some human error I have taken many steps to correct it and still the damn thing is f*cked.

So in conclusion I say Intel is the best, for highest quality and best performing processors.

You are an idiot or n00b, you took a conductive compound and applied it over electrical bridges.

Apparently you "Forrest Gumped" your way through building those Intel systems.

Your issues with building an AMD system are just that, YOUR issues.

Now I didn't want to rag on you too bad for doing what you did, and then putting it in the dishwasher, but when you blame your stupidity on the brand of system, thats just stupid.

I have built many an AMD, Intel, and Cyrix system with no problems, because I know what I am doing.

its not that i don't like intel, they are nice chips.

*cough*

doc deleted this ealier :p relax doc, just buggin yah

*/cough*

they both have +/-

amd, cheap, fast, just sorta unstable if your not prepared.

intel, expensive, really need rdram to preform, but if you got the cash the can rip

Originally posted by PM5K

You are an idiot or n00b, you took a conductive compound and applied it over electrical bridges.

Now I didn't want to rag on you too bad for doing what you did, and then putting it in the dishwasher, but when you blame your stupidity on the brand of system, thats just stupid.

I have built many an AMD, Intel, and Cyrix system with no problems, because I know what I am doing.

Perfectly said.

Originally posted by PM5K

ouch.....i only put the cpu in the dishwasher because i knew it was already fried and was attempting to get the artic silver off of it....and with the intel systems i didn't "forrest gump" my way through the building....they run better than any factory built "dell" with similar specs....infact my P4, a willamette core runs at 39 degree C with the standard intel heatsink and only two fans in the case

All I have to say is that you people need to stop talking about these COMPANIES as if they are sports heros. For godsake, who really cares? We are all just lucky that we have the money and wealth to be able to afford a computer, let alone food and health. Man, some people need to gain perspective.

BTW, why is it Intel supporters always get "flamed"?

not saying it was just me, but everyone that said anything good about intel has been flamed

it seems to be a natural occurance on this board (watch me get flamed for this post and my post before it, cuz you have all now lost respect for me and hate me)

-have a nice day:)

well i like em both... for laptops i want a P3 but for Desktops i rather an Athlon. In my experience my system runs much faster doing normal stuff, like browsing the net and opening Word, Outlook and stuff like that.. they just seem to run faster on my Athlon system than on the P3 system i had. Everyone seems to compare P4s with Athlons when they aren't that similar and don't have the same power (mhz), even tho the Athlons (T-birds and XPs) aren't necessarily the top dog (obviously) but if you think about it they must be sorta good since everyone (including you guys here) compare them to P4s at higher Mhz (sometimes even 600Mhz difference! I wouldn't dare compare my 266mhz to a 866mhz P3 :) hehe but oh well :)

So AMD for me based off my tests and not some benchmarks :)