AMD OR INTEL?

167 members have voted

1. 1. AMD OR INTEL?

• AMD
    • INTEL
    • I DONT CARE.

Owned 10 Intel systems, have had major problems with 9 of them. (6 Pentium/ 4Celeron)

1 was an old 233 HP that is still kicking with the best of them...

I have owned 14 AMD systems and had major problems with only 1 of them, and the chip just didnt work out of the box. (12 Athlons/ 2 Durons)

So that means I like....Motorola?

I dont understand why people complain that the processor crashes the system. I have a Intel PI 75mhz and an AMD k6-2 450mhz and a PIII 650mhz, they never crashed due to the processor, they only crash rarely (when playing games mostly) due to bad drivers and old bottle-neck hardware.

Originally posted by superbeast

Owned 10 Intel systems, have had major problems with 9 of them. (6 Pentium/ 4Celeron)

1 was an old 233 HP that is still kicking with the best of them...

I have owned 14 AMD systems and had major problems with only 1 of them, and the chip just didnt work out of the box. (12 Athlons/ 2 Durons)

So that means I like....Motorola?

Some very interesting stats.. eat it intel boys :D

grr i hate these threads..

[flame]

amd is better then intel

[/flame]

[flame]

intel kicks amds arse

[/flame]

who cares.. we all got different views.. no need to ripe someone off for liking one product or company because you dont

AMD for sure

I brought myself a AMD XP 1800+ (runs at 1.54Ghz) with 512mb PC2100 DDR RAM, and a gigabyte 7DXR+ motherboard, and well, I don't regret it for a second.

I've posted my SiSoft Sandra score in comparison to a Pentium 4 @ 2GHz and its easy to see who the winner is.

I did 3 tests:

* CPU arithmetic benchmark

Image1.jpg

* CPU multimedia benchmark

Image2.jpg

* RAM benchmark

Image3.jpg

:)

So I REALLY suggest you get a AMD, any speed, and 512 Mb DDR Ram. Motherboard wise get whatever you wish!

Cheers mate!

Im facing the problem of choosing between AMD and Intel too.

At the moment I am slightly tilted towards getting a P4, one of the main reasons being that I can still keep it cool using a CPU Fan running at 3000rpm. I have built Athlons for friends and the faster the CPU the faster the CPU fans need to be. They are using 7000 and 8000rpm cpu fans! For one i never run with my case side on and don't intend to do so and two I like keeping my tower on my desk but dont want my whole desk vibrating :p

I can save so much money and get much better performance with an AMD processor like the XP 2000+ but is there a way to keep em quiet and still running at a reasonable temperature? Help me out here! a 1.9Ghz P4 Northwood oc'd to 2.6Ghz is sounding awfully tempting! ;)

Originally posted by prick

AMD for sure

I brought myself a AMD XP 1800+ (runs at 1.54Ghz) with 512mb PC2100 DDR RAM, and a gigabyte 7DXR+ motherboard, and well, I don't regret it for a second.

I've posted my SiSoft Sandra score in comparison to a Pentium 4 @ 2GHz and its easy to see who the winner is.

I did 3 tests:

* CPU arithmetic benchmark

[iG]http://members.optushome.com.au/chriscowell/Image1.jpg[/img]

* CPU multimedia benchmark

[iG]http://members.optushome.com.au/chriscowell/Image2.jpg[/img]

* RAM benchmark

[iM]http://members.optushome.com.au/chriscowell/Image3.jpg[/img]

:)

So I REALLY suggest you get a AMD, any speed, and 512 Mb DDR Ram. Motherboard wise get whatever you wish!

Cheers mate!

Great post man, just lays out the facts for them :)

1. Correction on your post: "friend" = "ex-friend" for the time being. I don't want to talk to you! A TRUE friendship is respecting each others' opinion without calling each other retards and starting their own boards just to flame a person! Remember this started as a mere debate!

2. Tell SGR to ban me all you want from his d@mn channel! I don't do IRC anyways, so why the hell would I give a d@mn???

3. Tell NetSurf that he makes the crappiest NICs available! My distributor constantly has to RMA them because they're defective! Go 3Com and LinkSys!!!

4. People in your forum have the English skills suitable for making D's in English I Academic! They have the worst English I have ever seen! Folks... before you go out to harass anyone, check your spelling! It really makes you look stupid (from my viewpoint).

And for those who missed this... here's something i made up ***FOR COMEDICAL REASONS ONLY***:

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a flame war...

5, 6, 7, 8, Better keep your posture straight!

who called who a troll? huh? You were the one who wanted to start a flame war! If you want to start one, do it on your board! NetSurf doesn't own a company!

i saw a post earlier on about instead of comparing processors, comparing companies

when you compare AMD and Intel as companies and not CPUs there is no argument....Intel wins

They make the best CPUs, the best chipsets (what the hell is up with the AMD 760?), good mobos (AMD has never made a mobo to my knowledge), they have a virtual monopoly on the pocket pc market with the StrongARM, there R&D is so good intel basically sets most PC standards like AGP or PCI or 3GIO, the only major market Intel doesn't own in is graphics cards (but wouldn't a Intel card be cool?)

Originally posted by PM5K

You guys take your little fight elsewhere, we have better things to do then watch you guys bicker, either that or kiss and make up.

Yeah, seriously, im going to have to warn you guys if you continue, just remember, you get one warning, then the next step is ban.

Originally posted by Heinrich-X

i saw a post earlier on about instead of comparing processors, comparing companies

when you compare AMD and Intel as companies and not CPUs there is no argument....Intel wins

They make the best CPUs, the best chipsets (what the hell is up with the AMD 760?), good mobos (AMD has never made a mobo to my knowledge), they have a virtual monopoly on the pocket pc market with the StrongARM, there R&D is so good intel basically sets most PC standards like AGP or PCI or 3GIO, the only major market Intel doesn't own in is graphics cards (but wouldn't a Intel card be cool?)

Did you see any of the last page of posts bro? A guy went out of his way to show you Sandra benchmarking results, his Athlon xp 1800 burns a P4 2.0 GHZ. Just showing you the facts, read before you speak :)

And noone gives a %^$^ nor is talking about motherboards, chipsets, or graphic cards, we are obviously [again, please read before you post] talking about Processors here. I will change the topic of the thread to be more specific if neede ;)

Go ahead and lock this thread... there's no use in arguing and getting me banned... point #1 of my previous post in this thread still stands FIRM. Thanks to whoever backed that an AXP 1800+ beats the P4 2.0...

In benchmarks its fact. An athlon xp 1800+ owns an P4 2.0 GHZ.

Now the new P4 2.2A , wins by a hair, BUT LISTEN GUYS, ITS ALSO 500 MHZ FASTER, and yet wins by a hair.

Intel changed their architecture to something more advanced so that AMD couldn't copy them... so.. At least the P4 has potential to go somewhere. AXP processors are gonna hit the top, just like the TBirds hit 1.4 GHz.

Originally posted by Faction

Did you see any of the last page of posts bro? A guy went out of his way to show you Sandra benchmarking results, his Athlon xp 1800 burns a P4 2.0 GHZ. Just showing you the facts, read before you speak :)

And noone gives a %^$^ nor is talking about motherboards, chipsets, or graphic cards, we are obviously [again, please read before you post] talking about Processors here. I will change the topic of the thread to be more specific if neede ;)

i did read every post before i posted, all 6 pages.....i just saw that Goalie_CA said something about comparing the actual companies and I thought i would say something about it

i don't understand you guys jumping on my a$$ after a post....it used to be drewster (drewster2001 or something like that) criticizing my posts, and now i got you or PM5K attacking me, i don't jump at you or anyone else for that matter unless they do it to me first and even then i mostly don't

i guess you are a mod or something else important here at neowin and well, i would think you would set a better example

PS: don't ban me, i know you can and could be very well angry enough to do so