best email service?

what is the best email service other than hotmail? i would also prefer it to allow two letter email address if you can :) mail.com doesnt allow two letter address

I'd goto GoDaddy.com and buy a domain name for 9$, then goto everyone.net and get free email.

For a completely free service, i'd recommend either yahoo or hotmail.

Originally posted by JZolloXP

I'd goto GoDaddy.com and buy a domain name for 9$, then goto everyone.net and get free email.

For a completely free service, i'd recommend either yahoo or hotmail.

it's too bad that yahoo and hotmail are both gonna charge for their e-mail services.

Originally posted by liar2

it's too bad that yahoo and hotmail are both gonna charge for their e-mail services.

As far as i know microsoft is going to keep the basic hotmail service free, and then the pay service which is $20 US doller a year where you get extra storage and no required activation every so often. I have the free service and am satisfied, The only reason my account was frozen once was because of the F'in Spam was fillin up my inbox.

personally, i'm satisfied with my pop3 account. i was never one that could stand web based e-mail. shouldn't your ISP provide you with an e-mail account?

There are dozens better than Hotmail.
OTOH, at least with Hotmail you can be sure they won't go out of business, nor charge for their basic service (can you imagine the howls if they did?)

MyRealBox is the absolute best. No ads, No banners, No bloated interface. You can access it from Outlook and it very fast and it was created by Novell so you know it's here to stay.

yahoo....

besides the fact that t puts a littel ad at the bottom of every email you send. who cares?

great SPAM blocker

fast service

nice interface (besides the ads)

I used Outlook XP to check my hotmail account. If you don't know what I mean, you are missing out! For those of you who do, you know what I mean.

OutlookXP will allow you to access hotmail and it treats it almost like an Exchange server. You can drag and drop mail open mail in new windows, there is no web-based experience. It is all outlook. In my opinion, that is the best.

I checked emailaddresses.com (pretty cool list, thanks) and they didnt have this http://www.****you.co.uk

but i kno neowin will block the word. so ill just say its a four letter f-word that neowin finds offencive. I have two accounts there. they have 5mb storrage unlike hotmail or yahoo. and have up to 2mb (not 1mb) upload to send ability.

I think same goes for mail.com whereas i have @mad.scientist.com as my suffex tomy e-mail. quite entertaining if i do say so myself :p

i have e-mails at

hotmail

yahoo

mail.com

****you.co.uk

isp e-mail

its all good..mix and match people..mix and match!

Originally posted by Scorbing

MyRealBox is the absolute best. No ads, No banners, No bloated interface. You can access it from Outlook and it very fast and it was created by Novell so you know it's here to stay.

i'm pretty sure that you can access about all e-mail accounts from outlook (or eudora). whichever you prefer.

Well, Robinmthomas you were right. Microsoft Outlook 2002 (or XP) is certainly something that is what I wanted and I did not know what I was missing out and it is possible to configure MSN Messenger.

Microsoft Outlook 2002 was always sitting on my hard disk ever since I installed Microsoft Office XP but I am glad now that I am using it now. Makes it worthwhile.

However, it seems strange now that I was able to configure Microsoft Outlook to open my e-mail's in MSN hotmail now, I have tried previous times but unsuccessful, possibly the effect of Neowin has over me :D.

Deryck: HTTP mail support was added to Outlook in XP, but was added to Outlook Express in version 5 (I think).

Everyone else: I have to admit that I prefer Hotmail because the mail delivery and recieving is typically faster than any of the ISPs I've had. If only the would add IMAP support instead of HTTP/Outlook access and it would be perfect (ignoring the SPAM)

If you can get COX high speed internet service, you can get up to i think 7 email accounts with web and pop3 access and its fast. Also i use www.mailandnews.com which got bought out by another service but still provides good service. They have web and pop3 access also. :o