New Logo!

Question

Hello Neowin People, ;)

I am redesigning my website (again), but I am going for a white background ;) (not blue :p )

Here's is the logo so far..

Comments needed... :yes:

Thanks again! :D

[updated!! September 5 2004] :D

Edited by gerry.74

It's pretty cool. but i'd have the planet a bit bigger and perhaps behind the L letter a little bit, also would have the planet text in normal font, not bold. :)

Ok, I will try that, and post it here... :yes:

man .. can you use an icon or something that's like a globe... or try and make an ORB in photoshop.. i'm not very advanced in graphics.. (noob really) but.. i think that would be cool !

man .. can you use an icon or something that's like a globe... or try and make an ORB in photoshop.. i'm not very advanced in graphics.. (noob really) but.. i think that would be cool !

I am going for a simply logo, so it will be a lot easier to work with... :D

Not bad. Idea though, what about adding some water effect to it at the bottom maybe?? With the reversed letters acting as the reflection?

Not bad. Idea though, what about adding some water effect to it at the bottom maybe?? With the reversed letters acting as the reflection?

What do you mean?

(Sorry, I am bad at this.)

Well it all depends on how the logo is going to fit into the layout...so take this with a grain of salt since it might not work for you design.

But where you have the reflections under the main logo letters....maybe you could find a way to put a water effect under it, so it looks like your letters have a reflection on the water.

I'm not an artist, just trying to bring in more of the Blue Planet, meaning water, into your logo. :D

Well it all depends on how the logo is going to fit into the layout...so take this with a grain of salt since it might not work for you design.

But where you have the reflections under the main logo letters....maybe you could find a way to put a water effect under it, so it looks like your letters have a reflection on the water.

I'm not an artist, just trying to bring in more of the Blue Planet, meaning water, into your logo. :D

Ohhhhhhh, I get you now....... :D

Thanks, I will get to work.. :D

Average ... Dunno but you asked for my opinion, and I think it looks average. Just blue with a little reflection and a circle faded, hmm i dunno, mite work for what your company is but not too appealing to me.

yep

it's nice

but not really special tough

you need to add a special touch to it or so to make it stand out off the rest i think :)

No idea what though :(

and the circkel is like just cut in half

might look nice when you still can see (slightly) the rest of the circkel to :)

or make a simple orb of it so it gets some depth in it cause the letters have the reflections so you're sugesting depth in it

so an simple orb might look better

btw i think the 1st one is the best of the two

The lettering and the "reflection" looks pretty nice, but the faded circel looks too ameteurish and plain. Something can be elegantly simple without being plain and uninspired. I think it would be much improved if you did a horizon type effect, where the planet was "rising" or "setting" behind the lettering, and the reflection had a ripple in it like it was water. That would go well with the "blue planet" thing, and make it much more interesting while still being relatively simple.

I'd do a mockup but it's late and I don't think I feel like being productive :p Just a suggestion... but that's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your logo. ;)

OK, I was working on my own site in Photoshop and I decided to take a minute (literally) to show you what I mean.  Here is kinda what I meant:

Why doesn't people like it bold? :huh:

I like it to be bold so it stands out more.. ;)

and Thanks for that you got me thinking... :p

I don't like using bold fonts myself... I think non-bold is more elegant. I don't think your logo really needs to have bold lettering, but if you want it bold go ahead. I really just typed it, added some stuff and pressed save. Now I'm kinda interested in this logo design... haha, damn you! Anyway...

Maybe something more like this:

[EDIT] now that I look at it, I actually kinda like the bottom one here... and if you got rid of the reflection it might actually look better... [EDIT]

post-31-1094294826.png