What is cPanel?

Question

About 36 hours ago, I went through web host "A Small Orange" to webhost my website and purchased a domain name from them. I have since created the webpage and have transfered it to the FTP server using Microsoft Front page.

Whenever I go to my domain I get the a page from "cPanel" telling me "There is no website configured at this address". Does this mean that my domain name and my webpage contents have not been posted yet? Should I wait a little longer to see my website?

Thoughts?

9 answers to this question

Wait a little longer for your domain to fully propogate (normally takes around 24-72 hours). Your site should then be accessible.

CPanel is a server management tool for webmasters and is normally accessible via www.yourdomain.com:2082

It allows you to manage how your webspace is used as well as pop3, domains etc...

Try this: go to google.com, click on language tools and type your URL in the "Translate a web page" field and hit translate. If you get a blank directory listing then all should be fine.. just wait a little longer.

If you continue to get the message, contact asmallorange support. They are extremely quick at answering questions.

it means you havent put in a DNS for u domain to redirect to.....meaning no host. DNS usually take 24hours to update -_-. Also cpanel is basically something ppl use to check on there website......from stats to including scripts to accessing phpMYadmin to adding subdomains etc etc

man... access the server wiht a ftp client and upload your index.htm (or any other supported extension) into the www foder... that worked for me !

the ftp server should be the domain you bought like this: ftp.yourdomain.com

and the user and pass should be the ones they mailed you! i think that a small orange is owned by timdorr.. ask him... or let me know if im wrong :)

it means you havent put in a DNS for u domain to redirect to.....meaning no host. DNS usually take 24hours to update -_-. Also cpanel is basically something ppl use to check on there website......from stats to including scripts to accessing phpMYadmin to adding subdomains etc etc

48 hours actually :p

NO, it depends on the domain host. I've had mine done in under 12 hours!!

Its depends on their DNS servers as well as when the registrars records are scheduled to be snagged by the 12 root DNS servers of the world. ;)

About 36 hours ago, I went through web host "A Small Orange" to webhost my website and purchased a domain name from them. I have since created the webpage and have transfered it to the FTP server using Microsoft Front page.

Whenever I go to my domain I get the a page from "cPanel" telling me "There is no website configured at this address". Does this mean that my domain name and my webpage contents have not been posted yet? Should I wait a little longer to see my website?

cPanel is a control panel to admin your virtual server with a GUI. Make sure that you have an index.htm/index.html as your first page in the 'www' (could also be the 'public_html' or something similar) folder. Your domain CAN take up to 72 hours and it can take less than 12.

Replace the index file as I said above with whatever you want and if it changes when you navigate to your domain then you are fine. If it hasn't then it is still propogating.