Flash project help!

Question

Ok well, I decided to delve into the realm of Macromedia Flash MX to construct a presentation of the Yeoman's tale from Chaucer's Canterbury Tales.

I realized a few hours ago that I am pretty much lost in Flash.

This thread is the one where I post my questions on the project, and you guys answer them, much to the amazement of me and your fellow Neowinians.

This project is due, well, Wednesday, so if anyone could maybe help me out on AIM, I would love you.

I know I'm a whining Flash newbie, but I thought that I could rely on Neowinians to help me out.

I thank you all in advance for posting here.

13 answers to this question

First whiny question:

I managed to make an intro with words fading in and out, and it plays fine when I hit Control>Play.

Yet, when I preview it in either HTML or Flash, it doesn't show the fade at all. It just jumps from word to word.

First whiny question:

I managed to make an intro with words fading in and out, and it plays fine when I hit Control>Play.

Yet, when I preview it in either HTML or Flash, it doesn't show the fade at all. It just jumps from word to word.

Well, I'd love to amaze you or my fellow Neowinians as you said, but I have to say that I don't know what's wrong with it... You did a simple motion tween right?

Well, I'd love to amaze you or my fellow Neowinians as you said, but I have to say that I don't know what's wrong with it... You did a simple motion tween right?

Yep, just changed the color with the 'alpha' setting.

First question fixed.

Second whiny question:

Does anyone know where I can get a flash animation of a path moving? I basically need something that I can put behind a picture, so it looks like theyre walking.

Third whiny question:

How do I make a .bmp or .gif, or even .jpg, if possible, so that I see the object (as opposed to seeing the object within a white rectangle, like a .gif on a website)?

Alright, here's what you do:

-----

Select the image on the stage.

Break it apart until you see the dot grid on it as though it is a shape (which it is to Flash).

Deselect it and then choose the Lasso tool.

There should now be a button in the tool options portion of the toolbox that looks like a magic wand. Select it.

Click on the transparent (or white) area of the image that you want to get rid of.

Hit Delete.

-----

If that's not what you needed, just let me know...