Real Player 9 Alpha

RealONE is awful... it uses up too much RAM, it too cumbersome and on one of my computers is totally unstable .

I recommend WinAMP for MP3's and BSPlayer for videos and DivX movies.

am I the only one who can prove winamp takes up almost twice the amount of ram RealONE does?

Here in this screen shot you can see real player playing a 64k streaming audio, and winamp, not paused, not playing, but simply stopped, being idle

I think that you perhaps are the only one that can prove that. Here it just isn't the case - I am playing an MP3 right now in Winamp and it is using 9,204 KB, LESS than what you show RealONE taking in your screenshot. I am not debating Winamp vs RealONE because I have not tried RealONE, just wanted to point this out to you.

The only thing about boycotting RealMedia is that there are still many sites that use RealMedia to stream content; however, the populartiy of RealMedia is (thankfully!!) declining.

Originally posted by codyg11

The only thing about boycotting RealMedia is that there are still many sites that use RealMedia to stream content

Yes and I hate that fact because I refuse to even have it installed and so miss out on a lot. Websites with streaming content will learn though hopefully...

I'm done with trying to setup crappy RealONE Player, geesh, i got it to setup and everything but it freezes after i type in my email address and password and doesnt bother doing anything, back to using winamp :D

I couldn't get past the registration page for the RealONE Player! So I'll just stick to RealPlayer 8 Plus and QuickTime 5.02 Pro for videos and Winamp for the audio!