my win xp problems

i've got three important problems:

first: i have a sony 110 est 15'' mon. working @ 800*600 and an old creative gb tnt2 m64. after i ve installed xp (you know comes with default signed 12, sth. det.) whenever i run a game such as age of emp. 2 ,max payne even if pinball in full screen mode, the screen becomes a smaller square at the center of the mon ( like a 12'' mon. in 15''). after that i decided to try with new det. xp to solve it but nothing changed. while i was using win98 with old drivers came with its cd, i havent experienced such a thing.

second one is my mustek 1200 cu usb scanner. i've downloaded latest version of its win 2000 drivers with great hopes but it disappointed me too. after i started to run, it warns that your os isnt w2k and exits setup. i tried w2k compatibility mode but it didnt work too.

and the last one :whenever i put the computer in standby, it doesnt wakeup.

so buddies if you have any suggestion, please write :hurt:

i know that has something to do with the ACPI interface....not sure if its something you have to turn off in BIOS or change in windows. Ive honestly never had the problem, but I know thats the root of it.

Originally posted by mortensen

While we're on these wierd errors, I've installed XP on one machine and now I have to turn it off manually instead of it auto shutting down... grrrrr.

Same on my girlfriends system...

If ACPI worked on Windows 2k and didn't work on XP it's because XP requires a different ACPI Spec. Most new systems are fully compliant but if you bought your board right before Win2k then it's prolly isn't... most manufactures just updated the BIOS to include the ACPI but didn't fully implement it, they just wanted to sell off their old boards as quick as possible. I have one solutions but it might cause other MAJOR problems with your PC.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR SYSTEM AND LOOSE ALL YOUR INFO

When installing and it says:

"Press F6 to install SCSI or RAID Drivers"*

just press F5 (or is that the other way around! HEHE ) but nothing will happen immediately. Wait a few seconds and you'll be presented with options just choose:

Advance Configuration Power Interface (ACPI)

and then click ok and continue with the installation. Your PC should now have ACPI but it might always cause the processor to be at 100% usage ALL THE TIME! and there might be other problems. I used to have this problem and it ran but it ran slower because the processor was always at 100%. Let me know your results.

Stuff like that only happened once outta 10 tries.