Best bittorrent client

Which one is the best client you've been using so far?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best client you've been using so far?

• Azureus
    • Bit Spirit
    • BitComet
    • Bittorendo
    • BT++
    • Burst!
    • Experimental Client
    • Shareaza
    • TorrentStorm
    • ABC Bittorent Client

Tried changing ports, resetting my Linksys Router to defaults and nothing seems to help the speed increase with Bit Torrent. Sometimes I have 68 sources and get 5.1 kB, sometimes I have 14 sources and get 24 kB. I just can't figure it.

BUT, if I do a straight download, I get like 140-160 kB (have a 1.5 mb DSL downstream). So my web browser has no trouble getting huge speeds, only Bit Torrent, at least for me. But I've only really been testing BT out to see what it is all about, so I'm not freakin' or anything. But game patches and demos and linux stuff all download faster direct, even if I have to wait a day to get them cause servers are overloaded.

Not bashing BT, just saying it ain't as fast for me as it could be, and it sure don't beat regular download speeds on my systems. I must be doing something wrong, cause I get the same thing with Shareaza as Azureus. Very strange.

^ what happened with me was that i got crappy speeds after installing sp2 until i opened that port through security centre, so try that.

I only have SP1, so I'm not sure if that applies. Does it? Even if not, thanks for the suggestion.

Can you explain please? Should I change the value in the software from 6881 to something else? My Linksys Router has this under forwarding:

EXT PORT: 6881 to 6881

Protocol TCP: Checked

Protocol UDP: Checked

IP Address: 192.168.1.151 (the machine with the BT software on it)

Enable: Checked

So if I change the port to say 6996 in the software, I should change the EXT PORT to read 6996 to 6996 also, correct?

Have a port in mind?

ISPs are catching on and blocking the default torrent port and some trackers won't let you connect when your using the default. You want to change it to something between 49152 and 65535 (I use 60000, nice round number).

Yea, change both external and internal in your routers port forwarding.

ISPs are catching on and blocking the default torrent port and some trackers won't let you connect when your using the default. You want to change it to something between 49152 and 65535 (I use 60000, nice round number).

Yea, change both external and internal in your routers port forwarding.

I'll give it a try. Verizon may be pretty sneaky on this stuff. I'll config the router, then run the wizard and configure the BT software and then close and restart the app and see what happens.

Thanks,

BK

Azureus Is the best....I use to use original...then tornado...tried ABC....I found that Azureus works the best...i get speeds upto 300-350k on descent seeds....I LOVE BT....they help me with all my programs on ftp

Azureus Is the best....I use to use original...then tornado...tried ABC....I found that Azureus works the best...i get speeds upto 300-350k on descent seeds....I LOVE BT....they help me with all my programs on ftp

I don't know how you do it. I get like 40k max - usually 20k and under, often under 10k. I think Verizon must be doing something. I get normal 1.5mb download speeds when downloading from web sites in IE though. Congrats on the speed, but about everything I try comes up short.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help me?

I have the original bittorrent, from that site where Bram Cohen is or w/e.

I have a cable modem connected to my computer through ethernet.

I have no router, no firewall, not sharing with any other computer.

I'm using Windows ME.

I have no idea how to "forward ports"

My bittorrent dl. speeds are normally about 35 or less, normally less.

My friends have download speeds of 150, they have routers

Please someone tell me how to make my Bittorrent faster! :rolleyes:

Can someone please help me?

I have the original bittorrent, from that site where Bram Cohen is or w/e.

I have a cable modem connected to my computer through ethernet.

I have no router, no firewall, not sharing with any other computer.

I'm using Windows ME.

I have no idea how to "forward ports"

My bittorrent dl. speeds are normally about 35 or less, normally less.

My friends have download speeds of 150, they have routers

Please someone tell me how to make my Bittorrent faster! :rolleyes:

This isn't really the place to ask, you should create your own thread.

You don't need to forward any ports as the cable modem is connected directly to your computer. Check to see if you have ICF enabled, I would hope you do if you don't have any other firewall software installed. If you do then you will want to download Azureus because that's the only bittorrent application that doesn't require a range of ports to be opened (it only need 1 port). ICF can not do a range of ports.

BitComet for me. Tried Azureus once, but it kept crashing no my pc, so I gave up. Not had any problems with BitComet since day one (about version 0.49, up to 0.56 now)