[Review] AverMedia USB2 TV Tuner

just a short review. this unit allows you to watch TV, play video games, and capture video on your PC through USB2.0.

here's the specifications:

* Input Signal: 75 Ohm TV Antenna Input

* Composite Video

* RCA Audio

* S-Video

* Output: Earphone jack Output

* Dimension: 89.1 mm X 77.1 mm X 15mm

some highlights:

* Resolution up to 720 x 480 for NTSC, 720 x 576 for PAL

* TimeShift allows to pause Live TV

* Normal AutoScan and Full Channel Scan

* Resizable TV Window up to Full Screen

* 181 Channel Cable Ready TV Tuner

* Parental Channel Lock-out

* 16-Channel Preview

* PIP function

* Favorite Channel Group and Rename Function

* Record video in MPEG-2, MPEG-1 or VCD quality

* Scheduling Recording

* Still Image Capture and Album Functions

* Save image to BMP, JPG, TIF, PCX format

* Save image to any size ( up to 1600 x 1200 )

* Real-Time Video Recording

i bought this external tv tuner because i'm going on a study trip to china in november so this might come in handy when i feel like watching some chinese channels. :D the unit is pretty small and lightweight, it's very portable, perfect companion for your laptop. :D

aver01.jpg

aver02.jpg

the video quality is pretty good, i hooked it up to my gamecube and played a little metroid prime. here's a screenie:

metroid.jpg

i've also recorded a short clip, so you guys might want to check it out as well. :)

overall i'm very satisfied with it, it's very solid and well-built, software that comes with it is very easy-to-use and have all the functions you'd want. it even comes with small leather pouch. :) if you're looking to get an external tv tuner, check this baby out. :)

thanks for the review, but the quality of tv capture is not so good. Perhaps with s video it would be improved. I always though tv capture cards where the way games sites post screenshots of games but the quality does not seem as good as I would want.