What's your internet connection?

..........Where I live........I think most people got broadband by now.......and t1/t3 connections are coming on fast now..........more and more people are getting em........I?m one of the lucky ones that have a T3 connection......that?s 100mbit up and down........in theory that is.......I usually don?t get higher sppeds than 10 or 20mbits.........but hey.....that?s enough for everything the internet has to offer at this time.......so I?m happy..........Don?t use internet all that much though.........My girlfriend?s addicted to her damn chat-pages....and icq and that ****.......I only use it for reading news.....mail and RARELY if I?m bored......I download a movie......

It?s a good thing though......

Cable

1.5MB (yes megabytes) downstream

500KB (yes Kilobytes) upstream

:p

its nice

average download speed from a hald decent server 100-300KB/s

I run a VPN over the net, and we transfer files at about 400KB a sec

Greenmuncher

What I dream of is an OC-12 connection. I'm not sure exactly how fast they are but they're bluddy fast [used for games servers]. Also know as a PHAT pipe! :p - Probably cost a bomb too.

Originally posted by mortensen

What I dream of is an OC-12 connection. I'm not sure exactly how fast they are but they're bluddy fast [used for games servers]. Also know as a PHAT pipe! :p - Probably cost a bomb too.

You are not wrong, but what could you do if everyone had a slower connection than you? Cable like greenmuncher's would be awesome!

OC-12 = 622.08Mbps or 77.76MB/s :ponder:

nice but what about...

OC-255 =13.92Gbps or 1740MB/s :roll: