• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Why does SP2 suck so much?

Matt T    0

Because it is nothing but an annoying update that automatic updates wouldn't let me cancel :rolleyes:

stezo2k    0
my friend told me SP2 was **** cause he couldnt install it. i told him to go buy a legit XP lol :p

lol, well said

rand0m.bullet    28

SP2 doesnt suck..

Simon-    492

Because Service Pack 2 is a necessary security update so that the same idiots that think that SP2 sucks so much in this thread arn't the same ones that get viruses because they didn't install SP2. ie: Sasser or Blaster- They arn't protected from out of the box on a Service Pack 1 system.

ToryAmos    0

i hated sp2 after i installed from scratch with an integrated xp pro+sp2 cd. i gave it 72hours probation. then restored back to my xp pro+sp1.

but love is blind, and sp2 lovers are the blindest PC users of all. go ahead, all hail fortress sp2 ! ... until the next critical update of BSOD arrives. then who you gonna call ?

v_magal    0
but love is blind, and sp2 lovers are the blindest PC users of all. go ahead, all hail fortress sp2 ! ... until the next critical update of BSOD arrives. then who you gonna call ?

In the words of the great ace ventura" looohoosehher

BWNox    0
my friend told me SP2 was **** cause he couldnt install it. i told him to go buy a legit XP lol :p

I... :huh: I mean a friend of mine had an illegal copy of XP, and I... he could still install it, with a legal CDkey.

BTW.: He had buyed a legal copy from XP one day before... because he didn't want any Men in Black knocking on my... his door.

Because SP2 is a security update Microsoft lets illegal users install it too, because they don't want to let the viruses to hack Microsoft's websites. (Like on xxx hour all the infected computers log into microsoft.com and the system crashes, because of the overload, etc.)

Inplode    0

no probs here and its installed on 2 pcs and 1 notebook

Raa    1,548
Windows XP was Windows 2000...

You know, thats so true..... Once Microsoft added in 20x more bloat, some bugs, spyware, more bugs, extra crap, an annoying restore feature and countless more things that I really cbf mentioning.... yes, you could say XP was 2000.

Some things are better left unchanged, as the old saying goes :)

Chill out, and keep sp2'ing those machines, it'll break soon enough :D

kafkef    1

stupid sp2...installed it on my illegal winxp pro and it put my pc on a endless loop of rebooting. so i got the legal version of winxp home..and the piece of crap did the same thing :angry: (i installed from windowsupdate)

CrispCreations    4
stupid sp2...installed it on my illegal winxp pro and it put my pc on a endless loop of rebooting. so i got the legal version of winxp home..and the piece of crap did the same thing :angry: (i installed from windowsupdate)

Your computer repeatedly restarts after you install Windows XP Service Pack 2

After you install Windows XP Service Pack 2, your computer restarts continuously

Either of those apply to you. (hint: Do your homework before you install SP2.) It amazes me that people read (and believe) all the cr@p about SP2 breaking thiings and not working with x app or y hardware & yet still go ahead & install it without bothering to check their setup first.

SP2 stupid? :no:

v_magal    0
You know, thats so true..... Once Microsoft added in 20x more bloat, some bugs, spyware, more bugs, extra crap, an annoying restore feature and countless more things that I really cbf mentioning.... yes, you could say XP was 2000.

Some things are better left unchanged, as the old saying goes :)

Chill out, and keep sp2'ing those machines, it'll break soon enough :D

Oh yes your great logic will make believers out of us soon.....stfu and go back to 95 you dweeb

_R2D2    0
use This and install SP2, :D little or no bugs :)

I am sorry that I don't know a sh*t about slipstreaming. Does it keep all file on my harddrive, or do I need to put the files on a new partion and then fortmat c?

JoeBonJoey    0

SP2 might've made my booting time twice slow.... but works great! :)

Chris Allen    0

Never had a single problem installing it on my system or about 20+ others. :blink:

However it seems I get a lot of calls w/ people who have issues.

Ghatak    0

it's creating some network connection probs that i can think of now.

Larney    0

SP2 only sucks for anally retentive n00bs who don't deserve to own a PC. Damn people stop being so anally retentive and just install it and use it. If it doesn't work for you...stop using your PC as you obviously don't know how to use it. Ive been running SP2 from the night it came out and had NO problems....what is the world of pc users coming to :no:

Bearded Kirklander    0
SP2 only sucks for anally retentive n00bs who don't deserve to own a PC. Damn people stop being so anally retentive and just install it and use it. If it doesn't work for you...stop using your PC as you obviously don't know how to use it. Ive been running SP2 from the night it came out and had NO problems....what is the world of pc users coming to

Errr - you thought this post up all by yourself, did you? :p

SP2 is causing issues for more than just n00bs. As more applications are modified to work better with SP2, perhaps many of these problems will take care of themselves. Just because you have personally not had any issues does not mean that they do not exist. :)

multimediatechy    1

I've had no problems with Service Pack 2...I've used it for 3 weeks now.....i got the CD from Microsoft...it works fine!! I'm using XP home....i only got my new computer a couple of months ago so everything worked fine on SP1, then switched to SP2 and still everything works fine...no difference, just that there is the new feature of Security Center. Its not rocket science either..it really is easy.

Larney    0
Errr - you thought this post up all by yourself, did you? :p

SP2 is causing issues for more than just n00bs. As more applications are modified to work better with SP2, perhaps many of these problems will take care of themselves. Just because you have personally not had any issues does not mean that they do not exist. :)

Then stop using programs not compatible..I've had no problems...anybody who does seriously needs to evaluate what programs they use and how to use their pc properly...god!

aadhu    0

I've had no problems with SP2... my system is working as smooth as ever.

Hankyone    0

when someone have a problem with sp2 the problem is the USER!!! not sp2!!!

sickpuppy    0
I dont see a point in installing Windows SP2.. all it does is cause problems. Other then patch up some minor bugs and holes.. does anyone know of a real point to installing this?

ive read thread after thread of peoples PC's not booting up, cards frying, and it giving errors, programs not starting up, internet killed. Anyone know of a good enough reason to bother installing it?

have you actually installed it yourself?? no, then shut up and get on with it, stop putting us all at risk from zombies and ddos and other malicious threats...

serioulsy, I've had no probs whatsoever, have noticed a slight speed increase and haven't come across a single prog/game that doesn't work yet...

Larney    0
when someone have a problem with sp2 the problem is the USER!!! not sp2!!!

Finally...a mature person with an ounce of knowledge of course sporting so much more than Bearded Kirklander has...