Your fastest boot time

Fastest I have ever had was 13seconds. Measured using bootvis (search on google for it, was a module in windows 2000 that you can use in XP to measure your boot time). Had all my normal programs running; msn, activsync; steam,AVG.

Dougal.

18 secs,

p4 2.4c HD 80gb 7200rpm

XP SP2 stripped personal version ( nlite, arround 300 megs iso)

tihs is timed from Power On computer to See full desktop with bars icons and the Pointer shows only the ARROW not the

Arrow+SandClock (loading things..)

As long as mine isn't above 1 minute then I don't really care, I usually leave my computer running 24/7 anyway.

how do you get it to such speeds as 12 seconds :huh:

that is just crazy!.. i want i want i want

mine takes about a minute or 2 to fully load :(

AMD 1600XP

1GB SDRAM

7200RPM 40GB HDD

Windows XP SP1

Is my system slugish for that kinda speed?

20 seconds.....Timed from the windows initial splash screen, to the desktop with no hourglass.

P4 2.8, 1gig ram, Raid stripped S-ATA drives

:alien:

start->run, type: prefetch

prefetch folder opens.. delete everything inside this folder.. reboot and watch your windows fly :D:D:D:D (max of 3 seconds to welcome screen)

What's prefetch anyway, if I might ask?

Basically settings for booting up the computer of last existing times. If you delete all of that, then it sets the system back to defaults.

Example; IE won't be maximized when you open it as default, if you have directories set a certain way, it goes back to windows default, etc.

Basically settings for booting up the computer of last existing times. If you delete all of that, then it sets the system back to defaults.

Example; IE won't be maximized when you open it as default, if you have directories set a certain way, it goes back to windows default, etc.

From Microsoft, the prefetch is a memory management feature that saves all the executables you run in pre-execution form and saves them into the prefetch folder.. On startup, windows tries to load all the files in the prefetch folder into memory to make applications run faster.. the problem is that every executable you run (from setup files, to softwares, to utilities) is automatically saved in that folder making your windows slower with time.. it doesnt have anything to do with directory settings and windows settings. :)

• Like 1