NFL Discussion

Nothing against the Falcons, but the Eagles need the Panthers to beat the Falcons Saturday night. We need homefield advantage! That and we do not have to play our starters for the next three games plus one playoff game. They would be practically getting a months worth of vacation, which is insane when you think about it.

Nothing against the Falcons, but the Eagles need the Panthers to beat the Falcons Saturday night.  We need homefield advantage!  That and we do not have to play our starters for the next three games plus one playoff game.  They would be practically getting a months worth of vacation, which is insane when you think about it.

585098287[/snapback]

not gonna make a difference. We're 2 games behind with 3 games to go. The only way we could get homefield is if the eagles lost all 3 and atlanta won all 3. Even if both teams were to finish 13-3, Philadelphia would win tiebreakers.

not gonna make a difference. We're 2 games behind with 3 games to go. The only way we could get homefield is if the eagles lost all 3 and atlanta won all 3. Even if both teams were to finish 13-3, Philadelphia would win tiebreakers.

585099913[/snapback]

It definitely will make the difference if Atlanta loses on Saturday night. This way we do not have to start our staters on Sunday against the Cowboys and for like the next four weeks. I do not want players like Westbrook to get injured by a teams like the Cowboys Rams, and Bengals when we need him for the playoffs. And especially if Pinkston got hurt, I would not know what to do...

Some years ago Warnes was really looking like Montana.

Im sad about him, his future in the NFL was more than brilliant.  :(

He and Terrel Davis will always be in my hearth

585094834[/snapback]

Davis is one of my favs as well, as he is an alumni from my alma mater. I'd also add Robert Edwards to that list of "could have beens".

:rofl:  I saw today that he has one of the lowest quarterback ratings in like 10 or 20 years  :wacko:  :laugh:

585095329[/snapback]

You ahve to fell bad for the guy. It's like the coaches are tossing him in just like Peyton did and expecting him to perform. I am just waiting for him to blow up on the sidelines, "I'm Eli!! I'm not Peyton! Why can't you love me for who I am, Dad? Er, Coach?"

You ahve to fell bad for the guy. 

585111095[/snapback]

hehe...watch me not. :laugh:

He's brought this upon himself. "I don't wanna play for the Chargers, so you better not pick me. Trade the pick to the Giants. I want to play for them"

It definitely will make the difference if Atlanta loses on Saturday night.  This way we do not have to start our staters on Sunday against the Cowboys and for like the next four weeks.  I do not want players like Westbrook to get injured by a teams like the Cowboys Rams, and Bengals when we need him for the playoffs.  And especially if Pinkston got hurt, I would not know what to do...

585105981[/snapback]

point taken. dont worry about pinkston getting hurt though. he'll step out of the way of any danger ;)

but weve still got the first round bye to play for.. the dome will be rocking saturday night.

So what can we expect from Big Ben?  ;)

585097331[/snapback]

12 Straight wins, and 300+ yards passing this week. Despite throwing 2 ints. I think the 300 yards passing was enough to null the 2 ints.

point taken. dont worry about pinkston getting hurt though. he'll step out of the way of any danger  ;)

585115739[/snapback]

LOL yea I seen that. I have only seen that out of one other player (to that degree) and that was Ricky Waters. Then it was only a year or two later he was out of football. Wonder why?

Damn it, why the feck does the eagles always have to lose a key player just before the playoffs...

Eagles clinch home-field, but lose Owens  :(

585129538[/snapback]

well he has about 3 weeks to get over it. not like they need to play him for the next two weeks and they have the bye week too. yeah it still sucks but hopefully it wont be a factor.

Damn it, why the feck does the eagles always have to lose a key player just before the playoffs...

Eagles clinch home-field, but lose Owens  :(

585129538[/snapback]

Its not that big of deal whether Owens is out or not. We have played without Owens for the last three seasons so we can overcome this. After the season were we had five-six games left and McNabb broke his leg, I do not think anything could have been worse then that. I just think Owens has a bad sprain and he will be back in the lineup by the end of the season. He has four weeks to get better, I do not think anyone in Philadelphia panicing because I sure as hell am not. Everyone in Philadelphia is more concerned about getting Andy Reid to wear spandex more then anything else. It just means that Hollywood Freddie Mitchell is going to have to put on the title belt and step up.

BTW, did anyone catch the end of the Vikings and Lions game? That sucked so much for the Lions. I still cannot believe what happened to them.

Edited by jmole

Its not that big of deal whether Owens is out or not.  We have played without Owens  for the last three seasons so we can overcome this.  After the season were we had five-six games left and McNabb broke his leg, I do not think anything could have been worse then that.  I just think Owens has a bad sprain and he will be back in the lineup by the end of the season.  He has four weeks to get better, I do not think anyone in Philadelphia panicing because I sure as hell am not.  Everyone in Philadelphia is more concerned about getting Andy Reid to wear spandex more then anything else.  It just means that Hollywood Freddie Mitchell is going to have to put on the title belt and step up.

BTW, did anyone catch the end of the Vikings and Lions game?  That sucked so much for the Lions.  I still cannot believe what happened to them.

585130075[/snapback]

:woot: :woot:

All I care about right now is how well our defense is playing!

TO will be back by week 17 (and who cares anyways, we shouldn't even start our starters from here out!).

Hopefully it's nothing more than the sprain (x-rays neg, so it's all good).

Westbrook is stepping up, too. :yes:

if pinkston hadnt made up for it later on, and wasnt playing for a team like the eagles, he'd be tainted for the rest of his career

585126748[/snapback]

He did it again today in the Dallas game.. they did a reply and it was clear he was looking where the hit was coming from and missed the catch. I think this guys is headed downhill. I've seen it happen to other players (not just WR's but QB's). We'll see what happens, but I think this guy is at the end. You just can't play as a WR if you worry about the hit.

Speaking of hits.. what did you all think about the hit Darius put on the Green Bay WR??

Speaking of hits.. what did you all think about the hit Darius put on the Green Bay WR??

585132537[/snapback]

You mean when Ferguson got nailed upside the head and was knocked to the ground for a few minutes. I'd say it was a little uncalled for.

Yep that's the one.. any guess on what the fine will be?? I'd hate to be him about now. I have no idea why he thought he had to do that. I seen it over and over on the reply. I'm pretty sure he did that intensionaly

Oh well, T.O. is out for the season. Looks like FredEX will be seeing a lot more action like he wanted to. Now we will really see if he is worth that first round pick when we got him. He's going to bring his titlebelt so I hope everyone is ready.

Oh well, T.O. is out for the season.  Looks like FredEX will be seeing a lot more action like he wanted to.  Now we will really see if he is worth that first round pick when we got him.  He's going to bring his titlebelt so I hope everyone is ready.

585136509[/snapback]

:( yep... http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet.com/v..._0p.asp?ID=2086

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/.../MitchellSF.jpg

Time to change my sig/av

585137694[/snapback]

Lol, the belt. I am too afraid to brake out my Eagle avatar and sig from last year. The day I started to use the avatar/sig was the day McNabb broke his leg. I think I cursed them last year.

*Edit: Oh man this Patriots/Dolphins game is getting intense. I can't believe the Patriots are actually going to lose to the Dolphins. Man both the Patriots/Steelers/Eagles have had problems with crappy teams this week.

Edited by jmole