[MLB] Braves win 13th straight division title

:D

Braves silence critics with 13th straight NL East title 

Sept. 25, 2004

SportsLine.com wire reports 

ATLANTA -- The cigars were bigger than ever, the champagne and beer just as cold.

The scene in the joyous Atlanta Braves clubhouse showed that winning never gets old.

The Braves clinched their 13th consecutive division title Friday night, winning the NL East with an 8-7 comeback victory over the Florida Marlins.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/r...0040924_FLA@ATL

RtAjfjnL.jpg

The good thing is that if they make it to the World Series, the Yankees will hand them their asses.

The Yankees will not make it to the World Series. I'm giving you the warning ahead of time.

The Yankees will not make it to the World Series. I'm giving you the warning ahead of time.

Pitching is poor, not strong to take on St. louis Cardinal. St. louis should make it to WS. Powerhouse, 4 slugers, good pitching.

I only watch the world series when the yankees are in it. And that is because I love to see them rich b@s7urds lose. :p

You'll get to see them lose earlier this year :D

mini over nyy because santana starts twice !!!

Exactly why I say they will lose other than meeting the Red Sox in the ALCS.

Did anyone hear Pedro say how the Yankees are his daddy because they owned him 2 straight games? I have a strong feeling he is setting them up to whoop them in the ALCS if they get there.

noone won the division in 94. the season was cancelled before the end of the season and the playoffs.

did you notice that both atlanta teams both had the same scores today?

I think alot of people are going to be surprised and shocked at how different of a Braves team this is compared to past years. They are much improved in alot of little areas that really plagued them in previous post-seasons. They can use speed now to manufacture runs instead of relying on homeruns. The starting pitching has a bunch of no-name pitchers who are capable of shutting teams down (or just the opposite). They've got a great outfield in Jones, Drew, and Thomas, the overall defense is better, but still could use some improvement up the middle (Furcal has too many errors for his experience). I like this team, I feel better about this team than any of the others. Finally we don't have to wait for Chipper to drive runs in or Maddux to pitch that 1 run ballgame.

Everyone picked them to finish 3rd or 4th this year; haha :D

I just wish the A's would quit ****ing around and close out the AL West already.

noone won the division in 94. the season was cancelled before the end of the season and the playoffs.

did you notice that both atlanta teams both had the same scores today?

True, but my Expos had a six game led on the Braves at the "end" of the season.

Yeah, the Falcons won 6-3. I bet that was an exciting game! :no:

Yeah, the Falcons won 6-3. I bet that was an exciting game! :no:

i was at the game, it was more frustrating than it was exciting. ugliest game ive ever witnessed. but, 3-0 nonetheless. falcons are going to win the superbowl, and the braves are going to win the world series. me and the other 4 true atlanta sports fans are going to have a great time.

falcons are going to win the superbowl, and the braves are going to win the world series.

Sorry to bring it to you, but the Braves will be lucky if they even get past the ALDS. Now, the Falcons will end up in the playoffs, but winning the Super Bowl? :laugh:

At the begining of the year they didnt look like playoff contenders, but they pulled themselves together and got 13 in a row. They do have aneasier division than the central and west though.

Sorry to bring it to you, but the Braves will be lucky if they even get past the ALDS. Now, the Falcons will end up in the playoffs, but winning the Super Bowl? :laugh:

gotta believe. im well aware of our postseason history. ive been at the elimination game the past 2 years, its brutal, but this years team wasnt even supposed to make it this far, so hopefully they can keep proving everyone wrong.

Actually, they were expected to start with this record. We saw how bad they were last year without Vick, and man, were they bad. The only thing that was a question mark this year was Vick's adaptation to the west coast offense, which he has excelled in so far.

The Falcons will end up in the playoffs, but when they meet a top class team like the seahawks or packers that have a balanced offense, they are doomed.

Thinking about it, they can make it to the Superbowl considering the NFC does not have any dominant teams compared to the AFC.

Actually, they were expected to start with this record. We saw how bad they were last year without Vick, and man, were they bad. The only thing that was a question mark this year was Vick's adaptation to the west coast offense, which he has excelled in so far.

The Falcons will end up in the playoffs, but when they meet a top class team like the seahawks or packers that have a balanced offense, they are doomed.

Thinking about it, they can make it to the Superbowl considering the NFC does not have any dominant teams compared to the AFC.

i was talking about the braves not being expected to go anywhere.

as for the falcons though, this weeks game is a big test. a lot of writers are saying that if we win this game, then we'll be taken seriously. carolina is a 3.5 point favorite last time i checked. vick has never lost to carolina as a starter either. also decided today that im gonna drive to charlotte and try go to the game..

but i dont see why atlanta couldnt beat a team like seattle or green bay. the falcons have a much improved team now from the 2002 team that beat green bay at lambeau, 27-7 at that.

but i dont see why atlanta couldnt beat a team like seattle or green bay. the falcons have a much improved team now from the 2002 team that beat green bay at lambeau, 27-7 at that.

Simple, Seattle has an efficient balanced offense and a great defense ranking second below the Jaguars.