New Matrix info

The Matrix was good fun and cool the first time I saw it. The 2nd time I saw it was alright, and after the third I was sick of it. I was also made to watch it without ANY audio in a film class, so I have other reasons to dislike it lol.....

The more and more I see 15 year old kids who go nuts over this movie the more I tend to hate it and its exponential number of plot holes. Not that there are not many great movies that have huge plot holes, but it does take away from my enjoyment.

And no, "Trinity" is NOT hot.

If you want a good movie with huge plot holes try something like "Memento." If you want a look at your possible future that I find a tad more realistic (its a movie, so its not perfect) try something like "Gattaca."

Not trying to offend anyone, just "mho." I am a huge movie buff, I find a good 30% of my pay check goes to dvds lol.

I have my movie collection in a database at http://www.patbert.com/me/movies.asp if you want to take a look. Like I say in the paragraph at the top I think, there are quite a few movies that I own that I hate to admit to. We all did dumb things when we were kids....

I will also be waiting for the next two Matrix movies, with a slight bias to any sequel in mind. The plot to The Matrix is quite intriguing if you forget for a moment there is no real plausible reason the computer that controls the software the humans "live" in has nothing stopping it from destroying anyone or anything in its system. Yeah I could go on at length about this but I will stop now....

Kibler

ps. again, just my humble opinion!

pps. I havent seen either Mummy films, but Brandon Frasier and phony looking cgi with a crap plot are enough to keep me away :p

Again, no offense, while the Matrix has a nice plot, that?s all it is: plot. Truly great displays of film or any type of art evokes deep thought, emotion, and most important, self-reflection. The Matrix is a nice What-If? That?s all it is. If some of you people believe The Matrix to be the height of Cinema, please, please, broaden your horizon.

Also, I found The Matrix borrowed way too much from too many films. Top of my head - Dark City (yes, it borrowed from Metropolis ? but that?s a good thing) comes to mind as the biggest victim. Both have synthetically created environments, created by outsiders to use humans. But, unlike the Matrix, Dark City challenges the audience with something greater than figuring out the plot (although, it?s an important part). I find an internal argument of ?Soul vs. Environment? much more important than hearing Morgan Freemen overuse ?He?s the One? ? and I could honestly care less who beats the mainframe. If the human species is moronic enough to deploy AI sophisticated enough to take over the entire planet, good riddance. And, I know?it?s pretty simple to have a nuclear holocaust due to these implications. But what about the battles after? Intelligent toasters and waffle irons?

To ask another question, what is an intelligent AI?s priority? AI is only rationality, based on self-perseverance. AI makes decisions completely based on its reason of existence. When considering this with the Matrix, what would the Matrix do after learning about Neo?s ability to completely modify, mold, and threaten the Matrix?s ability to survive (You'd figure a system as complex as the Matrix would have at least some form of Norton AntiVirus)? I don?t know?Does anyone think the Matrix would sit on its thumbs, hoping everything would turn out alright? Doesn?t seem like AI would have the ability to hope (an emotion). Now, if I was AI and self-perseverance my only reason to exist, I would have self-terminated myself after discovering my impending doom. Why waste the time? If my reason for existence is no longer possible, it would not be rational to ?ride it out? ? But, what if AI couldn?t self terminate? WOW! Who needs a sequel? Sorry, but I can only suspend disbelief so much.

Oh yeah, the film lost its third act. Does anyone know where it went? :cheeky: :lick:

oh - and kibler...it's woderful to see someone who recommends Gattaca...I must be surrounded by idiots. :cheeky: :paranoid:

ps. guys, I liked the Matrix...just stating my opinions on why I don't love it.

Ah I forgot about Dark City, very good film indeed!

The Matrix is a good film, but for me its just not one I want to watch more than once or twice. Definetly would never buy it unless Bestbuy lets it go for $9.99 or something...

Gattaca is purdy! And the music!

Kibler