Leaked 21.85 DetXP Drivers

Has anyone used the Leaked 21.85 Det XP drivers listed Neowins main page? Are they better under XP? The 21.81 drivers kept giving me Direct X errors for DX heavy programs.

I have these drivers now and they are a lil better than the 21.81 drivers. I used 3DMark2001 and i got a lil higher scores. I got a GF2 MX and that doesn't have the best gfx but it made pictures look better to me!

I am using them and although I have no benchmark figures, I haven't noticed any slow down. Things seem slightly smoother in the few seconds at the start of each game but that could be down to any number of things.

As for WinXP performance, it still sucks. Shadowing is chronically slow [in comparison to the 12.90 drivers].

I'm using a TNT2 / 256RAM / Duron 700

Originally posted by mortensen

I am using them and although I have no benchmark figures, I haven't noticed any slow down. Things seem slightly smoother in the few seconds at the start of each game but that could be down to any number of things.

As for WinXP performance, it still sucks. Shadowing is chronically slow [in comparison to the 12.90 drivers].

I'm using a TNT2 / 256RAM / Duron 700

Why are the 21.xx drivers worse than the 12.90 drivers?

I've just got a GF2 card so I dont really understand what all the fuss is about Detonator drivers and why 21.xx get released with 14.xx and now I see 20.xx was released on http://www.guru3d.com

Why cant they just make 1 version that increases in version number *sigh*

Detonator XP 21.81 have caused my computer to crash several times. There is no need to have 21.85 installed in my computer anyway coz the standard driver in WinXP will do more than enough for me :)

Whoaaa after upgrading to Detonator 21.85 my games seems smoother and faster running.

I am pleasantly surprised :ditsy:

MAX PAYNE runs freakin' well and so does FIFA 2001 (and that is normally an unstable game in XP). Quite possibly the best *leaked* drivers I have used.

21.85 up.gif

He he he he depends on you card brand too, the only reason my Bro is complaining that it makes his computer crash is because the brand of his card is Creative and I think Creative has it's own designed driver for their Nvidia based card, you may try to go to Creative website and download the latest driver for your card.

Detonator 21.85 or earlier version for 2000/XP is compatible for the whole range of NVidia enthusiast/performance graphic chipset.