.:|Lotus : Graphic Design 04|:.

Question

17 answers to this question

sound doesn't work. the "graphic design 01" logo doesn't look right - the "design" word has some weird effect that doesn't work...

the mouseover links on the very first page "56k, or broadband" don't look right once you mouse over - the 2 tone color just doesn't work with red and grey, if you changed it to black it might work better.

I'm not a color theorist, but I also think the brownish color around the logo doesn't work at all. Make it grey, red, not that brown color. Having said that, clicking broadband, initially I say "wow" and it looks good. But once I look more closely, it just seems that this is kidna hodge-poged together. Like the blue news - why blue? That doesn't work at all. Now I see the brown around the logo, it ties in with the rest of the site...

So it seems your site is like an "army" scheme, so when I click a link, the 404 page is almost new age with a neon green text. That doesn't really work. Although I know once the site is up you won't have the 404 page anymore...

my 2cents

it looks very unprofessional. too much going on, unnecessary eye-candy, weird setup (i don't know where to look when entering the site)... just... frustrating.

also, learn proper grammar, punctuation and spelling. looks very bad, especially in your "portfolio".

It's all very well to have a high;y graphical site for a graphics design company/portfolio (didn't pay much attn) but i tihnk it's a bit too much, though I doubt anything anyone says in here about that will make you change the site in any major way which would affect how I feel about it.

erm... graphics are hot. too many though :/

I appreciate all of your comments. It will realy help me in the process of publishing my site. Luckily for me it's in the 'early' stage of the site so making dramatic changes isn't that much of a sacrifice. I have taken what you all have said, into concideration and I will work more on improving the flaws you have pointed out. Thanks again.

I appreciate all of your comments. It will realy help me in the process of publishing my site. Luckily for me it's in the 'early' stage of the site so making dramatic changes isn't that much of a sacrifice. I have taken what you all have said, into concideration and I will work more on improving the flaws you have pointed out. Thanks again.

great.

you've got a good attitude, and definitelly graphic talent.

best of luck to you, and your company. (Y)

i like the intro page and the main background and the main links but everything else doesn't go. Trash it all and redesign your sites content to match your background theme. Also lose the red color, it doesn't look right. Oh also the text field on the left with scroll goes good too, keep with that theme throughout the whole site. Hope this helps.... :)

a little too much going on, but other then that I like it, also on the current computer I'm on the white text is a little hard to read in the blue current event section (its probably just this screen though).