Nortan anti viris 2002. Possed by satan?

I just want to thank those who didn't help discuss the problem at hand. And discussed about other subjects. Like whose got pirated software and who needs to unplug his phone shove it up his butt and hope symantec calls with an answer. Got news for ya, they aint helpen. Thanks for nothing!

You people motivated me to fix my own problem.

THANKS!

Ya Losers! lol.....

Hey aint bitter.

hi guys my problem is that after i install NAV and enable the auto protect function as start-up, the program does not work at all even i tried to open it from the installed folder. Any has similiar problems like me??

PS:serious problems!!!i unporperly shutdown the pc and when i srestart it there is error or missing of file in c:windowssystem32config...(not sure about the file name).I tried to use the boot cd to log in the command prompt but then how am i going to repair my window....restore back the file from cd????i have no idea at all. For yr information, i disable many services one of them is the system resore.Thanks for yr help

If you are using Windows XP and are NOT using NAV 2002, you will recieve that paticular error, unless of course you have found the blurd on Symantecs site to patch the older version of NAV.

I'm not sure what your really talking about. A guess would be: I would contact Symantec and explain the problem. I have never been asked to verify my purchess. They have a great message area that the Techs keep track of and answer questions.

And maybe I did overreact a little. But still, the subject at hand went from one thing to another, that had nothing to do with the original. Anyway sorry if I offended, but you know how it is when things aren't right with a pc, it's frustrating. Your always looking for an answer, from whereever.

What did you guys do anyway to resolve the Norton dilemma? I want to see if it was the same as what did.

Norton Anti-Virus used to start up slowly for me both on Windows 2000 and XP, after getting 2002 the problem was still there.

Computer boots, I see the deskktop but can't use it for anything for about half a minute, then Auto protect enables itself and I'm good to go.

What I found fixed it was setting myself a set IP address, before that I had a Dynamic one assigned by DHCP, and I wasn't actually connected to a network.

Try setting yourself a static Ip and see if things improve, it worked for me..

HTH

Just bought a copy of Windowsxp and Nav2002 so it should work fine now :) I can feal all legal and stuff. I will also get to test out WPA Waahooo!! Lol :D