Question / problem

My friend recently installed RC1 and then upgraded to RC2...he has a tri boot system.....win Me on c: fat 32....win 2000 pro...and winxp both are on NTFS...recently his...system will not boot into win me... said first his system.ini file was missing so I counter copied...that is what i like to call it a .bak into a .ini file ...this made it go one step further...now it says...that i need to run scanreg/restore....if I do that ..will he loose the tri boot...since I think the last time he booted in Me ....he only had windows 2000 on it.? oh the layout of his drive is C-winme D-win2k E-winxp.

It will still load into Win 2000 and Win XP it is just his windows Me is the problem...it does not want to load...NTLOADER is fine

...Me has lost its registry

Why bother install ME? :)

WinXP has all ME functions and yet more stable than Win2k :D

Anyway, perhaps you can try the hard way by modifying boot.ini file (it's risky).

Last time I tried to dual boot it fecked up my operating system and I haven't tried since. Dual booting is a bit of a mess at the moment... I'm sure it could be simplified more than it currently is.

but what appears to have happend was that someone...booted it into win me and then shut the computer down while it was not finished booting and wiped out the registry...and the hive files

What a strange problem you have ;)

Try to install Win2k or WinXP then install WinME and see if it works. This based on my logical thinking :D