Gas prices

I don't know if this will work, but it's worth a post:

Tire of high prices for gasoline? Well read on.

THIS COULD WORK

GAS WARS

I hear we are going to hit close to $3.00 a gallon by the summer

Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth, offered this good idea:

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain Day" campaign that was going around last April or May!

The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea has come up with a plan that can really work.

Please read it and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $1.97 for regular unleaded in my town.(California)

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have Conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50- $1.75,we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace....not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocket book that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a

Price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from The two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do!! Now, don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I am sending this note to all you at Neowin. If each of you send it to at least ten more (60 x 10 = 600)... and those 600 send it to at least ten more (600 x 10 = 6,000) ... and so on, by the time

the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over SIX MILLION consumers! . ..

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 60 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... SIX HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

How long would all that take? All 600 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you,please pass this message on.

PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES AND KEEP THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK. YOU KNOW THEY LOVE HOLIDAYS AND

SUMMER TRAVELERS.

Wow, it's like, the first semi-convincing chain letter I've ever seen, but trust me--there aren't 600 million people in your target market. There's maybe half that amount in America alone. It's a nice idea, and I'd do it, but try to remember how hard it is to make a lazy American even use a different gas station. These are people who can actually be too tired to use the bathroom.

**** man gas where i'm from is only 60 cents a leter canadian about $1.20 a gallon US so i really ain't complaing about the gas price here

There is a problem with that... most of these companies are one in the same. BP, Sinaco, Shell, Amaco they are the same company. To hurt the oil companies we would need to open up Alaska Oil Reserves (known as the 30year reserve) for public use. When they see that they'll freak out over in the middle east.

I say F**K OPEC and dont buy any gas from stations that buy gas from OPEC then the U.S. will open up the reserves in Alaska and we use the gas there for a while...The U.S. not buying gas from OPEC for just say 3 days would hurt them so bad by like 6 billion dollars a day and they can't afford that so they will definently lower there prices

It was $0.91 in Southern Georgia like 2 months ago but not its $1.28

the idea sounds nice and all, but the real solution is not to buy gas at all or to dramatically reduce the amount of gas you purchase, which means, buy vehicles with alternative/hybrid power sources. which is what me and 6 of my friends are planning to do within the next year. we are going to trade-in/purchase new vehicles. that is what everyone should do. make your next vehicle a alternative/hybrid car...until then, we will be dependant on foriegn oil and the flatulent whims of the oil rich arabs.

I agree with Joshie. Americans and Canadians are pathetic lazy whiners! They all sit and bitch about everything, but don't bother to do anything about it. Infact, most people will still go and pay the inflated price like a little slave. GEE!! The oil companies see this, and well, they know that at $5 a gallon, YOU WILL keep paying. :dead:

They should have a law. Only lazy people pay high prices!

i say get rid of gas and go hydro-electric :D

OffTopic: DJ Specs - what do you spin? /me has been spinning house for a month or two and overall about a year and a half.

BLOODY MOANING AMERICANS!!!!!!

in good ol england, we pay through our noses for it - it was at 80p per litre- thats like $1.20 per litre !!!!!!!!!! Ive heard you can get a gallon for that much in the us of a!!!!

well we think our prices are pretty high here in australia, but it's like double in pomland

i (in queensland) am paying around 85c/litre at the moment and i'm ****ed because it's so high :roll:

but anyway

i don't know why i replied to this because 1) doesn't apply 2) chainmail is illegal here:dead:

:lick:

i think you've been misled somewhere

i just had a look at fuelwatch.com.au and the lowest price they're reporting in brisbane is about 76, but most are up around 85

i'm in rockhampton, so we don't get prices as low as metro areas, but we're usually on approximate par with them

if you morons dont stop calling americans names, i will be forced to fly to your piece of crap countries and kick the **** out of you.

high gas prices are not americans fault.. so you sitting there bashing us is B.S.

i buy my gas from shell because it's on the way home. and i will continue to do so, regardless of what some stupid chain letter wants me to do.

me going to super america VS. going to shell isnt going to change a damn thing.

and if anybody has 20 grand to give me then i'll be happy to go buy a new car..

until then. well.... read my mind..

BLOODY MOANING AMERICANS!!!!!!

Americans and Canadians are pathetic lazy whiners!

but try to remember how hard it is to make a lazy American even use a different gas station

those are the people i'm talking to.

yes i have been outside the U.S.A.

and i can tell you i'm glad i live here..

why do you think everything wants to come here?? because there country is so much better? uhh.. no i think not..

so.. people who live in glass houses should not throw stones as far as i'm concerned..

and after sept. 11th. i'm taking personal offense tword anybody who slanders my country or my countryman.

and should there be another attack.. i'll be heading down to my local recruiter and enlist so i can w00p some ass..

muhaha

i disagree with this, also:

why do you think everything wants to come here?? because there country is so much better? uhh.. no i think not..

not everyone wants to live in the states :)

you get your fair share, but so do we and so does the uk and so does japan and so on...

and after sept. 11th. i'm taking personal offense tword anybody who slanders my country or my countryman.

do you think that it was 100% US citizens that were killed on 11/9? You're running around with the sock pulled over your eyes if that's the case.

just take it on the chin

after all, all he did was say you moan :lick:

i'm going to bed:roll:

Originally posted by Mr magoo

do people in america really say "have a nice day" 24/7 ?

no we dont..

i have never been to austraila.

my only knowledge of aussy people is from crock a dile dundee movies.. so i was wondering if aussy people are really like that..

it was a genuine question. not like your smart ass question.

mr. bloody this and bloody that and bloody bloody bloddy U.K.

Originally posted by Hound

I missed the final percentage, you must know it right?

i had replied to him about that.. but deleted it, since i didnt figure it was worth arguing about..

fact of the matter is that yes alot of people from other countries were killed. but it was an attack on america and ment for americans.

Sure petrol prices are high.. this frustrates me a lot for a number of reasons.

My main grip is that gas costs waaay more over here in the UK than it does in the USA. Yet you guys plow through it with huge great petrol guzzling beast machines of cars.. a 4 or 5 litre V8 might sound pretty average to someone in the states, but I can tell you that even a 3.0 litre car would be considered pretty powerful here in the UK. I drive a 2 litre car - and it not only costs me a fortune to run in petrol prices (I set aside around ?120 ($180) a month just to travel 10 miles per day) - but many people I know consider it to be a large engine.

But in some ways I can understand why petrol is as expensive as it is..

Firstly, the high price should be used as a deterrant to use alternative means. We are drinking the earth dry of petroleum - there are about 45/50 years of petrol left then its all gone.. so enjoy it while you can. Keeping the prices high forces people to use alternative means - such as bikes, or *gasp* their legs.

Secondly, the higher prices of petrol force car manufacturers to design more fuel efficient engines.. many companies are coming up with diesel based engines which can knock up to 50/60 miles per gallon out of a tank. Means you are at the petrol station less, and you save a fortune. Oh, and its better for the environment.

*sigh*

Originally posted by blitzkrg

no we dont..

i have never been to austraila.

my only knowledge of aussy people is from crock a dile dundee movies.. so i was wondering if aussy people are really like that..

it was a genuine question. not like your smart ass question.

mr. bloody this and bloody that and bloody bloody bloddy U.K.

Mkay.. man you just love every other country dont you! :)