.NET Port to linux solution please?

Here at work we are looking to port a program we are developing to Linux, yet none of us are very familiar with Linux. What would the best solution be? We are going to be testing out on FC2.

Thanks in advance.

I'll look into it. I have a shareholders meeting to go to and I won't be able to discuss it with the rest of the team until tomorrow mid-day, so keep the suggestions coming please.

Thanks!

Wow, that Mono thing looks like what you are needing. I've never heard of them, thanks for the link mark.

I'm wondering if the mono_mod supports ASP 3.0 applications. All it talks about is ASP.NET support. I would love to move my ASP applications from IIS in Windows to Apache in Linux.

-nic

As I understand it, the aim of the mono project is to achieve complete interoperability between Microsoft products and Linux in general - and to allow this to occur with the minimum possible need to invest any great amount of effort in any 'porting' effort - if indeed any at all were ultimately needed. So you could in theory have Windows.net applications running in Linux, and Mono applications running in Windows with the least possible time and money invested by developers in order to achieve this goal. The last I read, they had come a fairly long way towards achieving this objective. Though quite how far with regards to allowing you to achieve your goals remains for you to assess.

GJ