XP Performance

He he he he will do that next time :D.

Just reverting back to 700 after noticing slower performance while playing games with my soundcard....it seems that I need a better heatsink if I want to OC again, next OC would be definitely to 1050 MHz because the PCI would be back at 33 MHz.I think that's the problem with my PCI devices.

He he he he this is turning to an overclock talking...better turn back to XP Performance talking :D.

So how is XP performs lately with your computers ?

No need for overclocking anyway. You have just told your computer to work harder and faster and using more power while the speed you have will not make difference by much. The only way you will notice the difference in speed is buy the new chip and mainboard then run the same program as usual and you will notice how much difference the speed ;)

Feel the need of cash rather than feel the need for speed, bro.

He he he he what I feel is that I want more speed for free and that is one thing overcloking is for.

On my Dual 1 GHz machine XP runs fine..I do agree however that disabling system page file will use more ram but considering the access time to ram is so much faster then the access time to a harddrive , that by using no page file, u in most cases will get better preformance. Users with 512+ are crazy to not take advantage of the speed increases that thier memory can add to their overall system preformance.

Just my two cents.

just 2 things:

1) OCing. I saw recently on a magazine a motherboard that has RedStorm system. It actually overclocks your processor in increments and tests it until it crashes, then uses the highest stable speed...damn, that pretty good...they say its very fast...now, where is my nuclear powerplant industrial cooler???

2) RAM. I got a crappy P II 350 mhz with 192 Meg Ram...you think its enough? My 900 mhz got 640 Meg ram, and its now only got 366 left to be available...but much better performance than previously 300 something. I do a lot of video processing, so i need a lot of ram.