iPod or iRiver?

I'm split as well, but cuz of some deals like student discounts that iriver doesnt do, I think I'm ending up with a ipod simply because of the price. Other than that, I am completely split between the two.

Personally I'd go with the Ipod... it's just designed so much better... unless you need WMA support which the ipod doesn't have. Also, the iriver has a built in FM radio... if you need one of those it can add $$$ to buying an ipod.

I got an iPod 20GB 4G, and it's awesome!

What can I say, the iPod is slightly smaller and lighter than the iRiver, though it lacks features such as FM radio (but who needs it anyways when you have 20GB songs of music?), voice recording (well I personally never use it), OGG support (Honestly, I've just heard about it recently. .mp3 is still the way to go), and the LCD remote .. that's one thing I like about iRiver, but that's only 1 out of ... how many? I can't count.

Battery life, Apple claims 12 hours, and I have never actually performed an actual test, but I suppose my battery is pretty decent, plays around 8-10 hours I believe. At least it can last for a full day of changing songs continuously, turning EQ on and off, playing games, backlight, scrolling through the library etc. by my friends -_-''

Lastly, the iPod looks much more stylish and attractive than an iRiver in my eyes.

That's just my opinion.

dL

yeah, i feel that the ipod design is almost 'overdone' purely out of the mass of people that own one. thinking differently would really be considering the iriver imho (at least when deciding between the two). plus i've always been a fan of black, over white.

i'd also be afraid of dropping the ipod and getting it scratched up. and i don't know about the newer generations, but all the ones tht i've seen get smudged up so quickly on the metal backing. i'm not one that likes putting covers over my gadgets.

i think i'm just going to wait for the h340 to arrive in the US, and see where it goes from there.

Ohh, I can't believe I didn't notice the H320... and wow, it's the same price?! The menus are in color too and it lasts 16 hours? Wow.

The H340 has the same features as H320 right? It's just that H340 is 40 gigs?

Can the iPod import any type of files? Because I heard the iRiver can store any files.

Yeah, the H320 looks good... Ah, but Apple has nice design too.

Wait, but I kind of like the H120/140 design too...

IHP140-3.jpg

IHP140-5.jpg

Hard decision...

Edited by Namie

Ohh, I can't believe I didn't notice the H320... and wow, it's the same price?! The menus are in color too and it lasts 16 hours? Wow.

The H340 has the same features as H320 right? It's just that H340 is 40 gigs?

Can the iPod import any type of files? Because I heard the iRiver can store any files.

Yeah, the H320 looks good... Ah, but Apple has nice design too.

Wait, but I kind of like the H120/140 design too...

http://www.iriver.com/images/product/IHP140-3.jpg

http://www.iriver.com/images/product/IHP140-5.jpg

Hard decision...

yeh the ipod can store any file type.. you can use it as an external hardrive if you wanted.

Personally I'd go with the Ipod... it's just designed so much better... unless you need WMA support which the ipod doesn't have. Also, the iriver has a built in FM radio... if you need one of those it can add $$$ to buying an ipod.

And OGG... :)

We all have different needs & favorites.

I bought an iPod and would not even consider the other alternative, your case might be different! ;)

They have different storage capacities, audio codecs support and one might work better on a spesific OS than the other.

I have the IRiver, got it yesterday and I do NOT regret it, AMAZING. such good quality sound (with better headphones) loud,good storage,and the "record" feature is so fun, the mic thats built in is so clear! I love this little thing. GET IT!

I have the IRiver, got it yesterday and I do NOT regret it, AMAZING. such good quality sound (with better headphones) loud,good storage,and the "record" feature is so fun, the mic thats built in is so clear! I love this little thing. GET IT!

120 or 140?

Yeah, which model did you get?

I think I'll get an iRiver too...

Too many people have iPods! Doesn't the iPod have Solitude and stuff? lol

I'm supposing you mean Solitare? lol yeah it does, with breakout and some other weird games.

I would get an iriver but its old, and it should be cheaper than the 480 dollar price tag it has right now in canada.

I'm supposing you mean Solitare? lol yeah it does, with breakout and some other weird games.

I would get an iriver but its old, and it should be cheaper than the 480 dollar price tag it has right now in canada.

Oops, yeah Solitare... lol

How is the iRiver old? Which model are you talking about? Considering it's the same price, are the only difference between the H120 and H320: the design and one is in color?