iPod or iRiver?

get the iriver that plays movies.

Which model can do that?

Can the iPod import Winamp playlists? Because the iRiver can...

And can you import text like notes and stuff with the iPod? The iRivers seems like it has better features; I think I'll use the recorder too.

Hmm, I'm just stuck choosing between the iRiver models now, the H120 or H320--same price!

Well i'm blown away. An iPod vs iRiver discussion which had made it well onto its 2nd page without exploding into a flame war.

I personally own an iPod 3rd Gen 20GB - pretty impressed with it so far though it doesn't get much use. I've never actually seen any type of iRiver though so I can't make any kind of comparison :(

the PMP-120 plays movies. although i'd recommend checking out archos' line of PVPs (personal video players)

anyway, here's a link to the PMP-120: http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/pmp-120.aspx

Wow, how cool it can play xvid and divx and all the popular formats. But that's a bit too expensive! I just need to primarily listen to music than watch a movie; although that seems really nice. I don't think that'll fit easily in my pocket either.

personaly i think the irivers are too bulky. i (l) my thin pod!

Is this from any sort of personal experience? Cause the measurements on the iHP-120 are barely 2mm thicker than the 4G iPod. People seem to be easily confused about the size of the iRiver, but the dimensions are so close to that of the iPod it'd be hard to notice and difference, unless you had a ruler or extremely keen vision.

iRiver%20and%20Gum.jpg :happy:

Is this from any sort of personal experience? Cause the measurements on the iHP-120 are barely 2mm thicker than the 4G iPod. People seem to be easily confused about the size of the iRiver, but the dimensions are so close to that of the iPod it'd be hard to notice and difference, unless you had a ruler or extremely keen vision.

http://members.shaw.ca/Drew0rZ/My%20Pics/O...20and%20Gum.jpg :happy:

COOL! Is that yours? Black looks awesome... I think I'll go with the iRiver H120. :D

Oops, yeah Solitare... lol

How is the iRiver old? Which model are you talking about? Considering it's the same price, are the only difference between the H120 and H320: the design and one is in color?

The iriver H120 is about a year or more old. Thats why Im saying its overpriced considering its age. Its about 50 bucks more than the 4G ipod. Give me a break.

Oh and to let you know, the ipod does import notes and address books, as well as new games and a calender.

And OGG... :)

the ipod may not support wma or ogg but itunes does convert your unlock wma to AAC, wave, mp3, Apple Lossless (rules!!!), & aiff.

i know it sucks cuz it doesn't support ogg. maybe in the near future.

The iriver H120 is about a year or more old. Thats why Im saying its overpriced considering its age. Its about 50 bucks more than the 4G ipod. Give me a break.

Oh and to let you know, the ipod does import notes and address books, as well as new games and a calender.

Ah, now that brings a whole new perspective... Hmmm. I guess the people who bought it when it first came out got their money's worth.

How is the software to import the mp3s?

The first mp3 I got was from Sony and I HATE how I have to convert the mp3 to import it--so cheap!

Ah, now that brings a whole new perspective... Hmmm. I guess the people who bought it when it first came out got their money's worth.

How is the software to import the mp3s?

The first mp3 I got was from Sony and I HATE how I have to convert the mp3 to import it--so cheap!

You just load your songs into itunes like any other program on ur comp like winamp or WMD and then you hook your ipod up, and you can auto-sync it or manually put the songs on ur ipod. No converting needed.

That's good. Is it the same way to import mp3s with iRiver?

To people who own an iRiver, how far can you voice record? Is it possible to record like teacher's lectures?

the iriver is drag and drop, no software needed. and voice recording is supposed to be very good.

to all the people complaining about iriver's size....did you even bother to check the dimensions?

and to the people who's reasoning for getting an ipod is "it's sexy"...welcome to an adult conversation...

Yes the iriver is the same in concept, but I feel that the iTunes way is more organized. Sort of like Creative's way... To me it feels like iRiver's way is too out there and unorganized. (it requires you to make ur own folders if u want it to be organized)

If youre still confused about which to buy, why not just go to your local store and check them both out? Pick out the features you need/want. Weigh in the Pros/Cons. And then finally pick one. It's the best/easiest thing to do.

GT is right, try them out yourself. From a tech point of view, i think the iriver is better, since it supports more formats, records audio, and has a better battery. beuty is in the eye of the beholder, but the h320 is the best looking player out there in my opinion. both act as storage devices. the only things the ipod has that the iriver doesnt have is calendar and notes. if theyr important to you (written notes instead of voice ones), go with ipod.

GT is right, try them out yourself. From a tech point of view, i think the iriver is better, since it supports more formats, records audio, and has a better battery. beuty is in the eye of the beholder, but the h320 is the best looking player out there in my opinion. both act as storage devices. the only things the ipod has that the iriver doesnt have is calendar and notes. if theyr important to you (written notes instead of voice ones), go with ipod.

iPod has a voice recorder as well. ;) http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/italk/

While the H320 has the color screen, the buttons just dont look as well as the H120 or the iPod.