Explorer.exe

as of yet i have not reached the 30mb size for my new explorer.exe file. going from memory (i failed to make a BEFORE screen shot), but it ran anywhere from 31-34mb

is that what everyone else is getting, too?

post-66835-1098654921_thumb.jpg

Appears u missed -delete bitmap,158. ;)

You know this:

74.png

I'm going to make mine even smaller. ATM even before doing this exploer is using 16mb of memory atm. Thats not even touching it and i have about 20 appz running including 12 ie windows.

So about to remove all of the dialogn icons too. hehe

Nice. Down from 0.98MB to 324kb. :)

Now to get rid of un-needed menus.

hehe 323kb lol

Um i wonder. Can you compress it even more some how or bad idea? Think i will wait for response before trying that.

Now going to reboot and back with results in a sec.

Edited by war

yeah...explorer.exe loaded the same amount of memory after i reshacked it as before.

i lost my windows icon in the classic start button, lost the icons for logoff and shutdown, so that leads me to believe that it was in fact replaced successfully.

after reverting to the original, explorer loaded the same amount of memory

Appears u missed -delete bitmap,158. ;)

You know this:

74.png

I'm going to make mine even smaller. ATM even before doing this exploer is using 16mb of memory atm. Thats not even touching it and i have about 20 appz running including 12 ie windows.

So about to remove all of the dialogn icons too. hehe

Nice. Down from 0.98MB to 324kb. :)

Now to get rid of un-needed menus.

hehe 323kb lol

Um i wonder. Can you compress it even more some how or bad idea? Think i will wait for response before trying that.

Now going to reboot and back with results in a sec.

584800325[/snapback]

I hacked mine directly down by only deleting bitmaps etc. I wouldn't compress is any farther..

Have you noticed a difference in usage?

Well after at least 12 yours of usage. No real difference in memroy usage. So no real effect.

I'm sure other exes and dlls get loaded into exe so cutting just explorer makes no real world diff.

Besides its only like .5 mb smaller file from the orignal so. WOW whole .5mb. lol

Well after at least 12 yours of usage. No real difference in memroy usage. So no real effect.

I'm sure other exes and dlls get loaded into exe so cutting just explorer makes no real world diff.

Besides its only like .5 mb smaller file from the orignal so. WOW whole .5mb. lol

584805679[/snapback]

Well, that about settles it for me..