Anyone else have XP lcoking up for a short time??

When changing resolutions i am experiencing having XP lock for a few seconds . Is anyone else experiencing this?? If anyone has a solution please let me know!

GeForce2 MX400 (Using 21.85 Drivers)

MSI K-7 Master-S MB

Athlon Thunderbird 1.4 GHz

hmmmm another M$ bug :evil:

they should work more on xp....i think :ermm: but no OS is perfect, not even crappy mac is good, i have to use macs every day at school and they sure do freeze ALOT! unlike windows, when a program freezes the whole OS goes down, and windows usually has one program freeze while you being able to operate the comp still...unless its when your whole comp goes down like every hr for me :(

i have that same problem but mine will lock for good and require me to use the hardware reset button. other bugs in xp include the status bar in the explorer. No matter what i do i cannot get it to save the setting so that the status bar will always appear. ive eXPerienced some other bugs too. cant wait until SP1!

--jason

I always thought it was my setup, GeForce3 AGP (15" mon. will be replaced next month with a 19" or 21" mon., don't know yet) and a Matrox PCI Dual head display (2 * 15" LCD flat panels). So after playing Diablo II or Serious Sam or even a Winamp full screen plugin, after exiting the program it would lock up for a moment or else like radixvir says I would do a hard reset. Always thought it was my system.

So I lived with it and the fact that XP shares IRQ 9 with both my graphics card, NIC, sound, USB controller and onboard Raid. I have no idea why.

Oh but if I think back to Win2K I never had this problem.

Hmm! I hope they fix this soon.:D

• 2 weeks later...