Asus P4T-E socket 478 chipset 850

P4 2.0 Ghz socket 478

512 RDRAM Micron Mem.

Leadtek Geforce 3 Ti 500

Plextor 24/10/40A

Maxtor Drives

Audigy and my current DTT2500 Cambridge speakers

What do you guys think?

Change the Mother board to a ASUS A7M266 and the CPU to a AMD XP 1800+,1.53GHz and you would have a winner.

BTW, it would be faster and cheaper.

Just my opinion

Originally posted by PabUK

Have you got any evidence to show that it would be faster? Because I think that is going a bit too far.

This dosn't prove it's more powerful, as Sisoft does not have Pentium 4 2ghz numbers incorperated into its benchmarks as of yet. But here are some Damn impressive numbers!

http://www.oc-athlonxp.com/benchmarks.htm :D

coyote.jpg

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! You sold to computers to get that? *sighz* I dont believe you wasted your money on a 2GhZ P4!!! YIPES!!! Thats a ~ $600 chip you **** nut! Why would you waste your money!

It's over 3 times as fast as my computer [mines a Duron 700 but the performance of the P4 2ghz is more]. But I have to agree... it would be better having a few 1.4ghz T-Birds that 1 2ghz P4. Then again, I wouldn't mind having just 1 P4 2ghz [even just the chip and I'd be happy].

GeForce Ti500? Thought they werent released until 12th October? I have mine ordered from Hercules/Guillemot and will get mine then, the day of release.

Either way, very nice system :o)

thxs for the replies guys. It's really hard choosing between AMD and Intel right now. I still have on box a Thunderbird 1,33@1,5 Ghz running great!

But i was wondering too, Northwood (512Kb L2 cache) is coming out (at 0.13), it is supposed to be better than the Willamette (256Kb L2 cache only and 0.18). I have read somewhere that Northwood will come as 2,2Ghz and it is supposed to have a 10-15% increase performance over the P4 willamette.

Also we all know that RDRAM is the best solution for a P4 (very expensive but it is the best performer), but SiS has released a new chipset supporting DDR333 for the P4 named SiS 635, what do you guys think?

I'm just making this a top box, i'm preparing my self for the 2002 games coming out! (like Unreal 2 and others that look awsome and require brut 3D force and good memory bandwith) :D

If you already have a very powerful computer, and want a better one for 2002 games, why not just wait? By the time those games come out you will be able to get a computer that beats the one you could buy today easily and at far less cost. It just isn't good sense to buy the very latest all the time.

Pab, i could wait for ever then ;) i mean every 2 month or less there is a new CPU coming out with higher clock speeds or new Graphic cards etc.. i could wait a long time hehe. But indeed i could wait a little more, but 2 or 3 month of waiting is not going to make a lot of diference or at least there wont be any brakethrough on the Hardware in the 3 month coming.

But one sure thing is Prices will fall by then :)

I wasn't saying wait forever, I know how that can be an eternal trap.

I was simply stating that rather than spend loads of money on the very latest, wait a month or two and you could get exactly the same for a lot less cost.

You've a very powerful system indeed :D But see, you said you're getting ready for 2002 games, if I were you I would have wait for those game to be release then I'll buy a computer because by then, the price will be lowered down, and your previous system wasn't so bad that you couldn't wait until then :D

2002 games will be optimized for GF3's and DX8 and DX8.1

DX9 has just gone under BETA.

And defintly, the more you wait, price will get lower. I could also wait for a board that comes with ATA133 which should come this year. I wonder when AGP 8X is scheduled to be release and included on motherboards..

Geez I think I should get new computer soon :)

Even my P2-450 still runs as good as new and can do most today's applications too. I remember P2-450 was a decent computer 4 years ago and now it hits 2 ghz already :D