[WIP] Infini8 - Beta reports and stuff

Man... Boz sounds like u got a LOT of work to do buddy :D

u did know that by releasing to public , everybody and their brother would want their own personal mods..

Its a shame but a fact that u can NOT please everyone. Stick to your guns.

:D

Actually, most of the comments here make sense. I agree about the embossed effect on non-active tasks in the taskbar and the hover effect on the start button. I think it will be possible to fix all those things to everyone's liking. The only thing that won't be changed are OSXish radio/check buttons because they are fully functional and working perfectly with everything so far.

Thanks everyone. We are making very good progress here.

Another little thing I have noticed: When you click on the scrollbar in a window, its state doesn't change, that is - it only changes when you move it.

It's not a bug or a missing image, but rather a... Functional "issue", shouldn't the scrollbar state image change to the "pressed" image when clicking it rather than wait untill you move it?

Unfortunately nant, this is a system issue. It's not VS related. It doesn't work that way on Luna as well.

Sorry. But adding hover effect might make a difference, don't you agree?

Unfortunately nant, this is a system issue. It's not VS related. It doesn't work that way on Luna as well.

Sorry. But adding hover effect might make a difference, don't you agree?

Watchya talking about Boz? Scrollbars work perfectly in all three states as far as on any of my themes?

wanna explain why thats a system issue? Just curious.

I agree.

What about my other findings?

Okay, I'll rephrase... How come the system tasks thingy in the screen shot is at the top and mine at the left? I would like to know how to move it to the top...

Edited by nant

Watchya talking about Boz? Scrollbars work perfectly in all three states as far as on any of my themes?

wanna explain why thats a system issue?  Just curious.

What he is refering to vSyler is a system issue and behaves the same in Luna. It's hardcoded into the system to activate hit state when the scrollbar moves. This happens only on Windows default scrollbars, not in IE and Firefox.

There is another problem with the Visual Style. Some apps have ugly, gray menubars. Look in the screenshot.

2nd that + a hover effect on the start button then i think that the theme would be perfect ^_^

lol :D Arent those gray toolbars "Inactive Windows" ? They are supposed to be that way...

I like the OS X style radio buttons. :yes:

Once this goes final, this will be the best VS ever ! Atleast for me. :)

i'm not sure but this may be a bug?

the toolbar at the bottom is mis matched where the start button is on versions 2 & 3 ?

version 1 does'nt do it (wierd).

the second one is my favorite of the 3 so i hope this can be figured out.

i've included a sceen shot of the tool bar.

also when i click on the lh tclock i downloaded from here it causes the explorer to crash.

it's the latest version so its kinda wierd as it has not done this on any other theme that i've used.

but other than that it's a great theme and will be used alot.

and as i asked before has the getting ms to sign this theme been dropped or still waiting till its done?

i've noticed that the close X shifts down 2px on inactive titlebars. happens on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons and the theme with the bubble for the caption buttons.

on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons, there is a stray black pixel to the bottom right of that cutaway in inactive titlebars.

the right window border is beveled, but the others aren't... except for the bottom left corner. that's on active windows on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons.

it's really hard to see grouped tasks without hovering over them.

i've noticed that the close X shifts down 2px on inactive titlebars. happens on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons and the theme with the bubble for the caption buttons.

on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons, there is a stray black pixel to the bottom right of that cutaway in inactive titlebars.

the right window border is beveled, but the others aren't... except for the bottom left corner. that's on active windows on the theme with the cutaway for the caption buttons.

it's really hard to see grouped tasks without hovering over them.

excellent..these issues and a few others people posted are located and will be fixed in the final.

1. Marvellous, marvellous theme!

2. One question:

Why "RC2" caption bar butoons looks the same like "RC3" buttons, when window is maximized? When window is in not maximize mode, butons (in RC2) are bordered, and when widnow is maximized caption bar buttons looks like in RC3 version... Is Your intention to make it the same in both versions?

My english is poor, so I don't know is this understable for You ;) If not, i will paste some screenshots later (maybe it not be necessary?).

Greetings

Bartholomew

thats an xp issue, it happens often, just restart your pc

Or end explorer.exe in TaskManager and start it again from there :) I think that'll do the trick.

Edited by Fonzie

really nice theme, its one of the only glossy themes i could say i like.. ive noticed some points, as mentioned, that could be fixed:

• osx controls - tick box's and the sort - if you're planning MS signed, then ditch these ;)
  • osx progress bar.. in firefox, atleast.. - again, ditch this
  • the flashing state of buttons on the taskbar isnt clear enough, perhaps flash with that silver colour, instead of lighter blue?

if you fixed those things, and as people have already said, any other non-personal mods, then this theme would be more awesome than it already is

goodwork

some points, as mentioned, that could be fixed:

[*]osx controls - tick box's and the sort - if you're planning MS signed, then ditch these ;)

[*]osx progress bar.. in firefox, atleast.. - again, ditch this

Forgetting that I disagree with all your points...

Why ditch the OSX style 'controls'. Because its ms signed? Hell, thats not a reason. They look nice and they fit in, so why change whats not broke.

I WAS JUST WANDERING IF THE THEME IS STILL GONNA BE SIGNED BY MICROSOFT?

OR IF IT WILL BE?

DOWNLOADING NOW :yes:

well, besides the caps....ive been wondering the same thing...will it still be signed?

just as easy to make original looking controls, leaving them in just makes the whole project not quite 100% original.

Its a nice VS but i dont think theres a chance in hayull that MS will sign it..IMO

Forgetting that I disagree with all your points...

Why ditch the OSX style 'controls'. Because its ms signed? Hell, thats not a reason. They look nice and they fit in, so why change whats not broke.

584707535[/snapback]

because theyre not his original intelect?

hell they look nice, but thats what the 20 or so osx themes out there are for..