[WIP] Infini8 - Beta reports and stuff

Hi, another "bug" I have found, somewhat related to the bug I mentioned above...

In the right-click->New menu, when you hover a choice, the text colour doesn't change to white. This doesn't happen in, say, the Arrange By Icons choice.

I have attached an image which displays these two issues (I hope this wasn't mentioned before...).

BTW, I'd still like to know how do I apply the shellstyle.dll modifications. Is it simply a matter of replacing the original file? I'd rather not experiment with this...

post-94-1097335055.jpg

First I would like to say that this is the best visual style I've seen for quite some time..

I have one bug and one request..

fig 1. Arial font makes the start bar to shift down one pixel.. The Tahoma and the GE Inspira is ok.. :blink:

fig 2. ..and I would love to have the scrollbar be highlighted or tinted when you are hovering the mouse over it. (like the icons in the quicklaunch are also highlighted when beign hovered over) :D

post-94-1097340331.jpg

Looks good up to now.

But I don't really like the fact that all tasks in the taskbar appears to be in pushed-down state.

Yeah that's true. It would be SO MUCH cooler if it wasn't that way...

Another little thing I have noticed: When you click on the scrollbar in a window, its state doesn't change, that is - it only changes when you move it.

It's not a bug or a missing image, but rather a... Functional "issue", shouldn't the scrollbar state image change to the "pressed" image when clicking it rather than wait untill you move it?

Yeah that's true. It would be SO MUCH cooler if it wasn't that way...

Eek. Noes!

Please, it doesn't look cooler it it was pushed out. The 'ndented look makes it look original. Its VERY nice too.

Another little thing I have noticed: When you click on the scrollbar in a window, its state doesn't change, that is - it only changes when you move it.

It's not a bug or a missing image, but rather a... Functional "issue", shouldn't the scrollbar state image change to the "pressed" image when clicking it rather than wait untill you move it?

The problem only occurs in windows type of things... it appears to be ok in Firefox for me... O_o

Eek. Noes!

Please, it doesn't look cooler it it was pushed out. The 'ndented look makes it look original. Its VERY nice too.

yeah, the indented look is nice but on active tasks only. makes it look... bulky ?

I like it. However, please edit the checkbox and the radio buttons. Do not use the OS X ones. You didn't use OS X features on other widgets. Please provide a thin taskbar, an ObjectDock theme, and a WindowBlinds port. The start button could have a hover effect. Don't forget a compact start menu. The start menu could also have some silver. The dark blue to black does not seem to fit. You did a very good job. It is very beautiful.

I like it.  However, please edit the checkbox and the radio buttons.  Do not use the OS X ones.  You didn't use OS X features on other widgets.  Please provide a thin taskbar, an ObjectDock theme, and a  WindowBlinds port.  The start button could have a hover effect.  Don't forget a compact start menu.  The start menu could also have some silver.  The dark blue to black does not seem to fit.  You did a very good job.  It is very beautiful.

your post makes me laugh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This theme is very nice. I've been using it for a few hours and have noticed very little bugs other than the ones stated here like the menu's on buttons int the taskbar. And btw- this theme,in my eyes, screams for a silver'ish color. And maybe colored captionbuttons; like they are now but colored when hovering over them. Or is that too mac'ish ? I like the word'ish ;)

If I want an iPod ? I already own one :p However I would like one of those with clickwheel. Mine's a 3rd gen.

Carry on....

SpookyET - post your iPod refferal here again and you won't be posting here indefinitely, got it?

Radish?

Man... Boz sounds like u got a LOT of work to do buddy :D

u did know that by releasing to public , everybody and their brother would want their own personal mods..

Its a shame but a fact that u can NOT please everyone. Stick to your guns.

:D

I like it. However, please edit the checkbox and the radio buttons. Do not use the OS X ones. You didn't use OS X features on other widgets. Please provide a thin taskbar, an ObjectDock theme, and a WindowBlinds port. The start button could have a hover effect. Don't forget a compact start menu. The start menu could also have some silver. The dark blue to black does not seem to fit. You did a very good job. It is very beautiful.

wow, you don't ask for much do you? :rolleyes: