.mac, is it worth it?

Well, I guess the backup feature is really good, and get a .mac.com email is pretty cool, apart from that, there is nothing useful for me actually....

it integrates with iPhoto for quick publishing, and some other stuff. but like neyo.. err steve said get the trial, its a fully functional trial. see if its worth it for you, and then buy.

off topic sorta: isnt there a way to make your own iDisk using webdav or something?? i think i heard about this before?

divinatum:

I don't think it's the full function, as I only get mail+idisk totally of 50mb (or maybe that because it's in the uk)

Wickedkitten:

what do u like about it?

I'm getting ready to renew it for the second time in 2 days. I like it

584713276[/snapback]

divinatum:

I don't think it's the full function, as I only get mail+idisk totally of 50mb (or maybe that because it's in the uk)

Wickedkitten:

what do u like about it?

584713532[/snapback]

Mainly the integration with everything. There are a lot of 3rd party programs that are tied into .mac nicely, and I like the fact I can access it from anywhere, and have had minimal spam since I first signed up for it when it was still called itools

i just signed up for a .mac trial, to get the iPhoto/iDVD features you have to go to your System Pref's and then .Mac and enter all your info. I think .mac is good, if i didnt have hosting currently i would get it especially with the integration with iPhoto i can quickly publish albums

I have it and use it...I probably don't use all the features, Backup is nice and I use that frequenly. iDisk is useful again mostly for back ups. My .Mac email is now my primary email...I love the address, its my whole name@mac.com so I feel like I work at Apple! :D