Whats everyone's favourite song on a commercial

So what's everyone's fave song thats on a commercial or was on a commercial?

Mine would have to be the Canadian classic hit American Woman thats on the Castrol GTX commercial and was on the commercial by Gatorade sponsoring the 2000 US Olympic team

Oh Canada! :D

I mute the TV as soon as adverts come on. This is mainly because they channel operators find it funny to have the adverts on nearly TWICE as loud as the programs [i'm not kidding - sometimes it's absolutely absurd the volume jump]. Also, most ads suck and there are SO MANY of them.

:right:

I hate commercials but i love commercials with songs by bands i like, lots of beer commercials/car commercials out here in canada use classic rock music to attract people to their products, i just dont watch the commercials....

I love the Techno song that was in the background of The VW Bettle Commercial. The commercial had the bettle spinning around like a UFO.

If anyone knows who the real artist is that would be cool to know :)

Originally posted by Captain Phatty

I love the Techno song that was in the background of The VW Bettle Commercial. The commercial had the bettle spinning around like a UFO.

If anyone knows who the real artist is that would be cool to know :)

It's by Fluke off their Risotto albumn. The song is called 'Absurd'

Anyway, I prefer the VW commercial with Pink Moon by Nick Drake.

In Australia, my favorite song on commercial would be the Mitsubishi ad, the song featured was "You'll Get What You Give" by New Radicals.

I think I started to like the songs on Enterprise opening. Anyone know the song title and who sang it?

Yuck! I hate the new Enterprise theme. All of the other Star Treks have had nice classic sounding themes, that remind you of a space voyager or something of that nature. The new Enterprise theme reminds me of Dawson's Creek *shoots himself*

Just my opinion....

I think I started to like the songs on Enterprise opening. Anyone know the song title and who sang it?
AHHH!! 80's Butt-Rock Music!! Having flashbacks of kickboxer and american ninja movies!! DEAR GOD - NO!!!!

Anyway, they show who did the song near the end of the start sequence...I'm sure someone here knows.

Ritsuke: issit 80's song? I never heard of it and that was the first time I heard when watching Enterprise. Geez, why am I so old fashioned :D

there was a commercial for gateway computers with a guy who i saw in concert this summer who totally kicked ass for opening up for a concert! :D

Steppenwolf doesnt have any songs on commercials anymore :( n they are the best acid rock band to ever come from canada...borrrrrrrn to be willllllllld *starts jammin'* lol *sighs* i miss the car/beer commercials of y2k :(

....almost 50 posts finally lol:D

Originally posted by altezza

Ritsuke: issit 80's song? I never heard of it and that was the first time I heard when watching Enterprise. Geez, why am I so old fashioned :D

No, I don't believe it's an 80's song. However, it has the whole rock-opera feel that polluted so many low budget and B-movie 80's films. They always place it in some kind of 'WE CAN DO IT IF WE TRY' inspiration contexts.

I bet the guy who wrote it has long hair and hot pants and used to front for Poison. :p ;)

Originally posted by LordLOC

The theme song to Enterprise is a redone version of Rod Stewart's - Faith of the Heart.

Ew...even worse... ;):ponder: :paranoid:

My favorite would definitely have to be the song "I wanna be like Mike" off of the Flinstones vitamins commercials. Not a bad marketing move.... the best basketball player of all time on a commercial for kids that encourages them to buy vitamins so they could "BE" like Mike.