Formula One or CART?

Well, I can't say I'm informed when it comes to racing of any kind ... but I know what I like. CART, F1, INDY, RALLY and GT.

NASCAR just doesn't turn my crank at all.

I have appreciated cars since I was 9 years old and fell in love with the likes of BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Renault, Lamborghini, Austin Martin and even a few NA Models.

And when I watch these races [as mentioned above] I just can't get over how incredibly talented these drivers must be to be doing what they do. It's not just driving ability either, but endurance and patience. Sitting in these high performance machines with all that fire proof gear, racing on tracks where the temp is over 100 and keeping constant control of a vehicle where the tiniest of mistakes lands you in a tire barrier, or even worse, off of a cliff!

That's just my $0.02

I need to do some work at stop posting, but Rally driving is pretty insane, how they can handle those speeds in such small spaces I dont know.

I have no idea about Indy racing really, never watched any.

NASCAR is good for crashes, and even they get boring.

ooOOOoo bitchy, PMT?

Seriously, if you want to attract about 20 strongly opinionated F1 fans, then you're going the right way. (And we all pretty much hate MH).

But I couldnt be arsed when there are better sites about ;)

And more to the point, are you trying to tell me a large percentage of people dont watch nascar for the crashes? Pull the other one.

F1 is for the thinking person.

NASCAR isn't.

A lot of people watch NASCAR for crashes. People that like to see people get into wrecks are idiots.

I like F1, CART, Rally, NASCAR, Sprint cars.

Does the fact that NASCAR is included in my list mean that I'm not a thinking person?

Who cares if you don't like NASCAR, no need to insult people that do enjoy it.

Most of the replies and thoughts in this thread are great, argumentative and great...yours however are bordering on trolling.

There's no need to insult people that like something you don't.

See what I'm saying?

When I get home, I'll post a link to another thread, and you'll probably cringe. NASCAR vs F1 on a technical / skill required type level, amusing reading.

If you like nascar, fair enough in the grand scheme of things.

IN MY OPINION, its a sport for idiots, where they drive around in bit circles, rarely change gear in comparison, and dont really do a lot. I also think football (soccer) is a sport for idiots. I'm not really one for holding back or worrying about going against the grain.

Learn something about the net : Just because you dont like someones opinion, it doesnt make them a troll. If I was a troll, you know the usenet saying... dont feed em.

We were having a nice discusion about MS and MH until you stuck your oar in... nvm.

(BTW, what is sprint cars, never heard of it before) (honest question before you go off on another troll rant)

I called you a troll because you called me an idiot. I didn't see anyone else in this thread saying anything aboutthe types of people that like a certain sport...you were the first to start calling people idiots for liking someting.

And I understand the differences between NASCAR and F1.

These are sprint cars.

Fair enough, I'm done being a troll if u stop being an idiot ;)

(that wasnt ment to read as sarcastically as it does!)

Hm i was picturing spring cars as something like Indy. THat sure looks like a bumpy ride..!

For someone with such good taste in music, I'm surprised we got off on this footing.

I just appreciate each series for what it is, I don't compare NASCAR to F1 because...honestly that's a pretty big waste of time to compare two completely different things.

always been Formula One Fan, especially Senna and Damon Hill (!) F1 was pretty interesting untill 1996 or 1997. it has become dead boring the last few years. still watching it every 2 weeks, but i?s not the same anymore. bring back the slicks !!!

C.A.R.T. is ok, not too good though. looking forward to the DTM.

I like midget racing (wonder what kind of response that'll get ) Seriously though I like all racing from outlaw to F1. CART and the IRL really need to settle their differences though.

Originally posted by SlowNeasy

I like midget racing (wonder what kind of response that'll get ) Seriously though I like all racing from outlaw to F1. CART and the IRL really need to settle their differences though.

WoO...that's some great stuff!

Right on!

I'm an idiot . . . I watch NASCAR every Sunday. Saturdays, I watch the Busch Series. I watch the Classic races every week when they're on ESPN Classic. So I guess I'm like a Super-Duper Idiot.

I don't watch for the crashes. I watch because it's entertaining. I watch because in spite of some opinions I know how hard it is to race, in any series. It's physically demanding, and requires skill . . . irrespective of the type of racing. Hell if it was that easy I'd be doing it!

-TR

The g-forces in any highspeed sport must be pretty harsh, for some reason the image of damon hill with weights strapped to his neck has always stayed with me, quite bizare.

Driving in a pack at high speed certainly must require a huge amount of talent. I cant think of a scarey minute of TV than the start of a grandprix.

One thing though, last year at the Silverstone GP, a car crashed right in front of us (warm up) , and believe me, everyone *cheered*. Again, that felt quite bizare!

ok, ok...what do you say folks? who's gonna make it and will be f1-champion this year?

i also stay with my opinion that montoya and raikkonen have both the best potential for the future, and yes, mclaren-mercedes can get better, if they make the apropriate changes and the progress all their fans (me included) expect from them.

yes i am a mika hakkinen fan, and i want him to return, i really don'T know why some of you guys say he was boring...he was the one who made f1 interesting (i must admit..together with schumacher) in the years before. he is a good driver. the problems and the failures mercedes has and had are only(or in majority) team-based...the drivers are good (except coulthard...he's just lame)

as for ferrari and schumacher...i have enough of them...

you must see this here in germany, every channel, everything spins around the schumacher-"era" and how good ferrari is...they're not bad, but many of you must admit that there is a lot of cheating in that team, with the "approval" of FIA

well, i've said enough for now...i'll be back, no more time for now to discuss this

btw: yes i watch the gp's every 2 weeks (in tv.. :( ), but even as a fan i have to say it's getting really boring...the only cool thing last races was the "duell" schumacher-montoya

hmm whoever said Villeneuve couldnt come back... i cant wait till his contract with BAR ends this yr im sick of watching him not finish or come in 10th place, hes a great racer think back to 98??? or whenever it was he won the title his rookie yr. now this year i think im going to the montreal F1 but i hope Villeneuve can finish the #$*)ing race this year

and does anyone watch GT/Le Mans racing? omg i love the viper :) and please if u dont have anything constructive to say about the viper besides "its a big engine with no handling" dont say anything at all :)

mariusu, yeah I agree, no matter how much of a fan you are, the racings are getting kinda boring lately.

Having said that, the start / first corner of a GP is always incredably exciting.