CherryOS: Mac OS X Emulator for PC !

the webpage seems to work fine for me

and i know its not cached as i just visited it for the first time tonight (since the hype started that is) and it has an updated news post

584745112[/snapback]

Did you read that stupid news post from the Honolulu Star that they link to?? They talk to the president of the company, and he claims their servers crashed from 300,000 hits per day!!!! Then he claims they had several servers up but that they were destroyed by hackers.

Online software communities filled with messages accusing Maui X-Stream of a too-good-to-be-true hoax or of pirating the code of another company. Meanwhile, the product's Web site at www.cherryos.com crashed after taking 300,000 hits a day from interested buyers and hackers alike, according to company President Jim Kartes.

"The hackers smashed it all to hell. We had a bunch of servers up for this, and they just destroyed them," he said. "The purists out there get their backs up about anything affecting Macs."

well the fact that it got slashdotted and the fact that he didn't say 300k unique hits its totally possible that it did infact get 300k hits a day

i know that i was reloading it 5 times per page to view it the first day i heard about it

300,000 hits per day shouldn't crash any decent web server. How many hits per day do you suppose Neowin gets? Probably much more than that.

probably they do, but they are also anticipating 300k hits a day, these guys potentially were not

i'm going into this with optimisim, if its real woohoo, if its fake no skin off my back i have a mac already. so i'm giving these guys the benefit of the doubt until i know 100% that its fake (ie the site closes shop or i run it and its bs)

Anyhow the DNS at mauionline.com isnt serving cherryos.com anymore.

nslookup
> server unix1.mauionline.com
Default Server:  unix1.mauionline.com
Address:  69.44.56.180

> www.cherryos.com
Server:  unix1.mauionline.com
Address:  69.44.56.180

*** unix1.mauionline.com can't find www.cherryos.com: Non-existent domain

• 1 month later...