Zen Micro Revealed

there was a thread about the zen micro before, but creative now has it on their main site. http://www.creative.com/products/product.a...4&product=10795

feature_connectivity.jpg

There's no need to go round in circles with the Zen Micro's intuitive Vertical Touch Pad. Designed to let you easily navigate through your music, you can be sure to find any song or data file with ease.

You will never be without your favourite music with Zen Micro. Squeezed into its micro-sized casing is the capacity to store an astounding 2,500 songs on its 5GB hard drive1, and it keeps your music going for up to 12 hours2 on a single battery charge with its removable, rechargeable Li-ion battery3. Shuffle your songs or albums with the DJ Play mode, or tune in to the latest songs on the pop charts with the radio. Whatever you're listening to, enjoy the superior sound quality and clarity of a hi-fi that fits easily in your pocket.

Not only does it play music, the Zen Micro helps you keep your life organized too. The mini-organizer consists of a calendar, an address book and a to-do-list. Keep track of all your business appointments or classes. Sync up your Microsoft? Outlook? email addresses, calendar notes in your home or office PCs with Zen Micro. Need to record lectures, business meetings, or just love the sound of your voice? The built-in microphone lets you to create and store voice memos with the built-in voice recorder.

Created in 10 attractive colors and with a mesmerizing blue backlight glow, FM tuner and FM recording with 32 preset stations, USB 2.0 for fast transfer of files and 8 preset EQ settings, the Creative Zen Micro packs so much into something so small. Now, whoever said small had to mean minimal?

Black one looks nice, but iPod is better

584725001[/snapback]

I am sure you have read the reviews of these new ones to say the ipod is better

the ipods have the WORSE sound compared to creative's offerings

These look like ipod mini killers

I don't care if it doesn't have a crappy apple on the back, aslong as it sounds better and holds a bit more i am there.

I am sure you have read the reviews of these new ones to say the ipod is better

the ipods have the WORSE sound compared to creative's offerings

These look like ipod mini killers

I don't care if it doesn't have a crappy apple on the back, aslong as it sounds better and holds a bit more i am there.

584725012[/snapback]

Having owned both a Zen and an Ipod, I have to say that there is no difference at all to my ears (and yes I have perfect hearing).

Can you say the same?

Having owned both a Zen and an Ipod, I have to say that there is no difference at all to my ears (and yes I have perfect hearing).

Can you say the same?

584725021[/snapback]

all of a sudden i get attacked by the apple fan boys with sticks

I better hide i am afraid :(

all of a sudden i get attacked by the apple fan boys with sticks

I better hide i am afraid :(

584725034[/snapback]

You obviously know nothing about me if you're calling me a fanboy, also, nothing in that last remark was an attack by any stretch of the imagination.

You're not going to last very long here with your attitude, perhaps you need to restart that prescription of Ritalin and be a good boy.

Can you say the same?

584725021[/snapback]

The iRiver iHP-120 has noticeably better sound than the iPod. And supposedly the Creative Zen's are supposed to sound even better.

WOOT!!

FM radio to listen to and record

Not that you will ever get tired of your 5GB music library when it can hold 2,500 songs. But, if you find yourself in the mood for some 'Radio Ga Ga' for variety, simply tune in to the built-in FM radio. Set up to 32 station presets so you can catch up on the latest sports results, listen to your favorite talk show, or navigate your way out of traffic problems down Route 66. Your Zen Micro will even record your favorite radio shows, so you can listen to and enjoy them later.

You can record radio!!

Hmm thinking of selling my ipod mini and getting this now :D

Unfortunately like most Creative's offerings, good hardware which will be let down by ****e software. This one will work fine with your current OS, but plan for an upgrade of your player when Longhorn is out.

Bought Nomad I, worked fine with windows 98. Only windows 98. Along came Win2K, out comes Nomad 2, no support for version 1.

Have Soundblaster Live! Works great on win2000. Takes Creative over a year from the "official" XP launch to come up with drivers which fully support the product. Stuck with 2 ports working instead of 4.

Go ahead, buy. But remember this post come Longhorn.

Unfortunately like most Creative's offerings, good hardware which will be let down by ****e software. This one will work fine with your current OS, but plan for an upgrade of your player when Longhorn is out.

Bought Nomad I, worked fine with windows 98. Only windows 98. Along came Win2K, out comes Nomad 2, no support for version 1.

Have Soundblaster Live! Works great on win2000. Takes Creative over a year from the "official" XP launch to come up with drivers which fully support the product. Stuck with 2 ports working instead of 4.

Go ahead, buy. But remember this post come Longhorn.

584726293[/snapback]

All creative has to do is add support for microsoft's MTP technology, which lets WMP10 recognize the player without drivers. I'll be the first to admit that creative's drivers suck alot, but they have made a good effort to correct that in the past year or two. So atleast they're trying

All creative has to do is add support for microsoft's MTP technology, which lets WMP10 recognize the player without drivers. I'll be the first to admit that creative's drivers suck alot, but they have made a good effort to correct that in the past year or two. So atleast they're trying

584726305[/snapback]

Yeah but the problem is even the Zen requires Creative drivers/software installed to manage the transfer of songs to the device. I can't see the mini being different in this regard. I would be concerned from my own experiences with a change of OS in the future.

Two Questions

1 ) Rough estimate of price

2 ) Anyone know when they will be up for sale... and im in the UK.. so ifi ts differnet from the US to the UK can smeone say plz

Ta