What kind of car do you have?

Actually it aint fair to compare European standards with American ones.

Americans use diesel which is cheaper almost 50% than our unleaded ( i personnaly use Shell Racing 99+ ) , they have far cheaper domestic cars and many more ( see Mazda , Chrysler , Dodge , Mustang , etc etc ) plus they dont have taxes like europe meaning they can get 5Litre cars and pay nothing more while in europe everything above 2litre is taxable ( europeans know that ).

Anyway i own a Audi TT turbo quatro 1.8litre ( 2002 ), an Opel Omega 2liter ( 1995 ) and a huyndai 1.5 litre ( 1991 ).

HNP10 (T4) NISSAN PRIMERA ... or for you US guys, an Infiniti G20 P10. [4WD]

Soon to be turbo with a GTI-R SR20DET  :D

V Thats it there V

584740165[/snapback]

same car as my nan :)

i've got an 87' mercury grand marquis. it's got a 5.0, and only 65,000 miles on it. everything still works and for $1400 i would say i got one hell of a deal.

Actually it aint fair to compare European standards with American ones.

Americans use diesel which is cheaper almost 50% than our unleaded ( i personnaly use Shell Racing 99+ ) , they have far cheaper domestic cars and many more ( see Mazda , Chrysler , Dodge , Mustang , etc etc ) plus they dont have taxes like europe meaning they can get 5Litre cars and pay nothing more while in europe everything above 2litre is taxable ( europeans know that ).

Anyway i own a Audi TT turbo quatro 1.8litre ( 2002 ), an Opel Omega 2liter ( 1995 ) and a huyndai 1.5 litre ( 1991 ).

584741728[/snapback]

so when did all american's start using diesel? i have no idea the statistics but i can guarantee the vast majority of american cars are unleaded. but i will agree with the price difference on gas (petrol). we americans make out much better on prices.

and i own a 2004 BMW 325i just to stick with the topic

i have a 2002 smart car, it's a mk6 passion(upper model with a 0.6 engine) ?80 a year road tax. only fill it up every 2 weeks sometimes fuel will last a month. and insureance is ?600 in my mum name but me as a named driver.

parents own a new 2004 free lander TDI 2 litre automatic(not the crappy rover engine which gives the free lander a bad name but this one got te BMW one)

and a 2002 mercedes a-class long will base, parents are looking to part exchange it for another smart car as my dad only uses it to go back and forwards to work so why should he just use a big car just for him. plus it being a merc insureance is abit more, and serviceing costs, sure my parents afford it and love the car just that we don't need it now since we got the free lander as the main car.

and the freelander doesn't do bad on fuel at all it does something like 30mpg. but my smart does 40mpg it will do more if we didn't hammer it down the road:D:D

i think alot of the cars in europe are starting to use diseils alot more, heck alot of bigger cars use them even give good speeds.

i myself would live a diseal smart car but there not imported by smart them self, or even come in a right hand drive. as a diesel it can obtain 80mpg.

in the uk, we get road tax which we pay on the size of our car, and the engine it has. our insureance is done by our age, how many years we've been driving and what car. our MOTs(that check older cars to make sure there still road worthy) have to comply with strict emmisions from the car, the lowest band on tax is ?80 i think and the car must come under 114 g/km 1 of CO2

if it like electric or hydrogen i think it's exempt from road tax.

Edited by Shibby

1990 Ferrari Testarossa  for the weekends and a 1996 Mitsubishi Mirage VR MIVEC for getting to work

584742705[/snapback]

One of my favorite automobiles of all time. A timeless design. Too bad I can't fit in it to save my life. Clutching was a nightmare. Mind you, I'm 6'3" and 290 lbs :)

You've obviously taken good care of her: that paint shines. She's a beauty. Maybe I'll have the baby Lambo (which I quite snugly fit in) to show off soon enough....that home purchase can wait ;) The miracles of leasing.

1990 Ferrari Testarossa? for the weekends and a 1996 Mitsubishi Mirage VR MIVEC for getting to work

584742705[/snapback]

:oo holy **** may I ask what you do for a living my friend!

*Side note, I drive a camarao RS 1996, I love it breaks alot but its a fun first car.

Heres the motorcycle I want.

bikeonwhite.jpg

And heres the Jet fighter I want.

f1412.jpg

post-48266-1097884163.jpg