- no more "working playlist", now whatever playlist is showing is the

playlist being edited, always

- prioritizes ID3 reading for items you're looking at

- sexy skinned drop indicator

- playlist saving works again

- url selector remembers recent entries

- skinning:

- groups work better

- many components now scalable (not working 100% yet)

- skins start out centered on screen on first load

- gamma groups! tintastic!

- memory usage reduced

- finally, some better buttons than the ones I made in MS Paint on my laptop

with a touchpad (thanks Steve!)

- many many bugfixes, including the NT4 startup crash

- even better SDK

- lots more!

What was wrong with L8R compared with L8? I didn't have any probs.

I have been running Beta 1 all night now and it hasn't given any problems so far, nice release.

I had that page set as my home page for a while when the first alphas came out. They were quite regular back then and I wanted to make sure I always had the latest! :)

Originally posted by PabUK

I had that page set as my home page for a while when the first alphas came out. They were quite regular back then and I wanted to make sure I always had the latest! :)

Sorry, it was the internal release which was a piece of ****. I went back to L8R (It ran fairly well).

No probs, I just want to spread the word.

My personal favorite is probe, I have that on right now. I point to Lounge as an example of how powerful the skinning engine is though, with all its seperate dockable windows building up a hi-fi style arrangements. Its a biggie in file size and load time though!

As soon as Winamp 3 has an options dialog with things like running in system tray and file associations I will switch to it for all my audio playing needs.

Hmmm, I found out something quite bad last night.

I was listening to a Shoutcast stream in WA 3 Beta 1, and noticed using PSP was slow. I checked task manager, WA 3 was using 10-30% of my CPU! And most of the time it was at the 30% end.

I am playing the same stream now in 2.76 (can't be bothered to 'upgrade' to 2.77) and it is using between 0-1% of CPU.

That really sucks. :disappoin

the "Preset" button can't be press on the EQ section, I can't minimize the playlist like i can with the main window.. do you guys got the same problem?

The reason the preset button doesn't do anything is because they have not programmed in anything for it yet. And I don't think the playlist is supposed to be minimised, just visible or hidden.

hi, well i intalled the new beta winamp and when i open "preferences" nothing clicks inside the window, when i open the skins window and move it around..instead of it moving the preferences window moves around..weird...:ermm:

You all need to remember that this is a beta, all these problems & things missing/not working are to be expected out of a beta product. I'm sure by the time it comes to release Winamp 3 Final it'll be close to flawless ;) Nullsoft have always released quality products and I don't believe they'll fail us on this one just by looking at the beta of this FINE product :)

Regards to using up your system memory like a mo-fo.. I agree, but you've gotta understand why this is, look at the GUI in Winamp 3, all of it is graphical and the coding is not final in the product.. give it time fellas!