MCE 05 DVD Decoder

Not sure if someone brought this up yet or not,

but today I installed MCE 05, pretty nifty if you ask me.

I didn't need to install any WinDVD or PowerDVD crap, if you have ATi card, it came with a driver cd, and on that cd, are drivers for the DVD decoder (x:/install/dvdencdr something like that) just install that and it should work fine.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the darn Remote Wonder to work right lol.

damn i dunno abt you guys , but when i installed mce 2005 on mah rig, i cant even play videos on it ( wmv , avi & mpg ) though i can do the same with wmp 10 , when i tried to revert to mce 2004 with mah hcl quickrestore disks , i was able to do so , but again i cant play mah vids in mce 2004 ( which before installing mce 2005 i was able to do so perfectly ) damn this is driving me crazy , i think ill go out watch a movie & let you guys do the calculating .

Not sure if someone brought this up yet or not,

but today I installed MCE 05, pretty nifty if you ask me.

I didn't need to install any WinDVD or PowerDVD crap, if you have ATi card, it came with a driver cd, and on that cd, are drivers for the DVD decoder (x:/install/dvdencdr something like that) just install that and it should work fine.

Now I just need to figure out how to get the darn Remote Wonder to work right lol.

584751947[/snapback]

Let's see, ATI pays Cyberlink or Intervideo for the decoders, which one? I think it's Cyberlink, which equals PowerDVD. :shifty:

Let's see, ATI pays Cyberlink or Intervideo for the decoders, which one?  I think it's Cyberlink, which equals PowerDVD.  :shifty:

584755846[/snapback]

Well it saves you from installing the actual app which went down hill since v5

ah , finaly got rid of the problem, & now i can play all mah vids & dvd's without a snitch , & guess whats the solution ,revert back to MCE 2004 :p

IMPOTANT NOTE: If you are running NVIDIA's NVDVD 2.55 on Microsoft's Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004, please click here to download a registry file needed to display DVD video correctly within the Media Center application. A "File Download" window will appear. Select the Open button to install the registry file on your computer.

copied from nv site

I've gotten NVDVD, WinDVD, and PowerDVD to work. Also, it may not work if you are using "copies" of DVDs, ala DVD Shrink.

Well it saves you from installing the actual app which went down hill since v5

584757001[/snapback]

I didn't know there was a version after 5. I'd have to say that PowerDVD 5 runs better on my system vs. WinDVD or NVDVD.